"Smart bike" taillight/ brake light

Pablo Puchasso /

Anyone use one of

THESE

? ( or one like it?)

It senses speed and works as a wireless brakelight when you slow down.

My only question is: does it work at moto speeds? (Seems like it would at least) (edited)

Re: "Smart bike" taillight/ brake light

What about if you want to “tap” your brake light to alert someone that you’re about to slow but not really decelerating yet?

You think it would pick up on that? Or is it just on any time your speed decreases?

I wouldn’t trust it for street use unless it was just an auxiliary tail light. Which would be good I case you blow a bulb and cops see you.

I dont know if I would buy the 22.99$ one when the same company is selling what looks exactly same for 9.88$ on Scamazon (depending on how you search it)

Same light Same company Cheaper

Probably less than 5$ on Wish or Aliexpress... I will wait for "many stars make good review please" before considering buying...

Pablo Puchasso /

Rebel, the one you linked to isn’t a “smart light” and does not have an auto sensing brake light feature

Couple guys in our club have the Brake Free on their helmets. It is pretty rad.

https://www.brakefreetech.com

Russell Huddy /

My buddy has one on a bicycle and it works well/seems to be well made. I’ve been wanting to try one on a moped

I've seen those on Wish. What about one of those brake strobes?

there was a dude who had a cheap one in ATL, it was little more than sensor that'd rock forward for contact on decel. so no brakelight while stopped but otherwise it worked really surprisingly well, I was kindof amazed. but needed it's own batteries all the time. having to recharge it separately is a lil annoying

You could make your own using a mercury switch from an old home thermostat.

Overpriced Parts /

> Derek Stahl Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You could make your own using a mercury switch from an old home

> thermostat.

But what if you’re going up or downhill?

Pablo Puchasso /

Update: I bought one and will report back!

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

so I accidentally discovered a fun "feature" in the voltage regulators I've been using

they have a drop out when the supply voltage drops too low it will switch off.

I have a big ass capacitor on the supply line

when the voltage gets too low, it shuts off output and the capacitor can build up some voltage

this cycles pretty fun at idle, basically if I drop throttle after a couple seconds all my lights flash like safety lights

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account