Tomos voltage regulators burning bulbs

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

So i keep burning head and tail bulbs and even after replacing the voltage regulator its still doing it... I hear the Tomos OEM ones are garbage and I have a 70cc kit so once im in the high high RPMs the bulb will go.

Burned an LED, and now a stock light/ bulb after replacing the regulator. It never did this before, I deleted my dash in the spring is the only thing that has changed since the winter.

Had the kit since January and the same LED headlight until it burned in June. Maybe the bulbs on the speedo and display were keeping the extra volts at bay? I'm lost and sifting though a jungle of ebay scooter volt regulators. Who knows the magic fix?!?

Re: Tomos voltage regulators burning bulbs

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The stock regulator brown or ground out terminal is for the voltage overflow. Re route further away from other true grounds.. Isolate. Tank....check for frayed taillight wiring under fender.

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

The wiring is good, no rear fender and its tied up really high. Just installed a different light few weeks ago after the LED I had burned up. It still looks good plus the brake still works making me further suspect its too much voltage. Where is a better spot to ground it on a a35 Targa step through? Below the seat higher up on the frame?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Between the main grounds on diagram equidistant.

Dave Thacker /

I read when you send AC to the led headlight they don't last long. If itbis not a battery equipped model. It is AC, not DC.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account