Restauration project Ferbedo R48 1954

Since a couple of weeks I'm busy with restauring a 1954 Ferbedo R48. At the moment I am still working on it's frame and repairing some rust.

However, online there is almost no information available about this type of moped. (as far as i know there are only a handfull left in Europe)

I know it originally had a 48 cc Zundapp combi-motor and was produced for only two years, in 1953 and 1954.

My father has owned it since the 1970's. When he got it, it did not have the original motor on it.

I hope someone might have some infomation about this type of moped or maybe knows were I can find and (original) engine with heat shield, luggage rack and saddle. (these are the only parts that i am missing.)

Excuse me for any spelling mistakes, I live in the Netherlands.

Hope you can help me!

Greetings,

Eric

30452b4d-0e00-4ef6-8d35-4a6df13bfc43.jpg
bbab0748-388b-403d-9822-c83cd50300af.jpg
Ferbedo-Roller.jpg

Re: Restauration project Ferbedo R48 1954

Gave brommer! Ik heb er nog nooit van gehoord dus kan je niet direct ergens mee helpen.

Voor informatie/documentatie zou je contact op kunnen nemen met het tijdschrift "de Bromfiets" als ze ergens iets weten dan is het daar (en misschien willen ze er ook wel een artikel over schrijven)

Voor een motor kun je ebay kleinanzeigen proberen, daar kom je nog wel eens wat zeldzame onderdelen tegen.

Veel succes met de restauratie!

Re: Restauration project Ferbedo R48 1954

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Gave brommer! Ik heb er nog nooit van gehoord dus kan je niet direct

> ergens mee helpen.

>

> Voor informatie/documentatie zou je contact op kunnen nemen met het

> tijdschrift "de Bromfiets" als ze ergens iets weten dan is het daar (en

> misschien willen ze er ook wel een artikel over schrijven)

>

> Voor een motor kun je ebay kleinanzeigen proberen, daar kom je nog wel

> eens wat zeldzame onderdelen tegen.

>

> Veel succes met de restauratie!

Translated :

Cool moped! I've never heard of it, so you can't immediately help with anything.

For information / documentation you could contact the magazine "de Bromfiets" if they know something then it is there (and maybe they want to write an article about it too)

For a motorcycle you can try ebay kleinanzeigen, there you will sometimes come across some rare parts.

Good luck with the restoration!

;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account