Re: Is frame reinforcement a thing?

ID OD /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

weight limit is def a problem on vintage bikes that were made to support 90lbs soaking wet people of the 50's, 60's, 70's. rear shock upgrades will help, truing wheels all the time is a pain when someone heavy rides your stuff. ive had too many supposed friends ride my bikes sending me home with tweaked wheels to true. had a guy test ride a bike i had for sale. sat on it with stand down, and bent stand, bent the rims, tire bottomed out on the fixed rear fender shredding the wiring to the tail light, taking chunks out of new tires. all from a little test ride. all he said as he walked away from my now busted the hell up moped was, "this bike has no power". it was a noob mistake on my part, never to happen again. not an easy subject to talk about with sensitive obese people. im not a carnival weight guesser, but if someone looks to me to exceeding the weight limit they dont ride my bikes, and i suggest that they just look away. i fluctuate 170-180 an try, and maintain that weight so as to not to destroy my little toys, and even that weight is the limit on a lot of these toys. i would sell it, and buy something suitable for heavier rider, and even then ya may have to upgrade suspension.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account