New pedder

Just enlisted in the army. New to peds, thanks for having me. Here to lurk, learn and ride. Here's my bikes, at least the ones you fine folks here would approve of 🤭

DSC_2856.JPG
DSC_2838.JPG

Re: New pedder

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Where are you going for Basic and AIT? Do you know where you’re gonna be stationed after AIT?

I was in the active Army as a LT from 1985 - 1988. I served as the fire support officer for the first Apache helicopter Squadron fielded by the Army. I was stationed at Fort Hood, TX. Did my basic training at Fort Knox and my Advanced Training at Fort Bragg.

Welcome to the Army!

I think he meant the moped army, which is what this website/forum is called and seeing how he just got a moped...

a nicely built pair of shifty 50's and a trashy miata, you'll do well here

Moped lar I meant the moped army, not the actual army 😅 sorry for the confusion mate, and thanks for your service.

Thanks willld. The ns needs work but runs like a top, and dare I say it but the mb5 is "done". Also the trashy miata has been sold to fund all my other bullshit 😂

I read this as him joining the US Army as well lol

I was just at Fort Knox yesterday, had to drive 4 hours each way only to get there and be informed that the thing I was sent there for was not possible anymore. The base seemed pretty cool though

Get those mirrors on there and use them, Sonny! Real important for life and limb.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Wow, I feel really stupid! I had knee replacement surgery yesterday and I’m on some very strong pain meds that make me a bit loopy. Sorry for the miscommunication!

Don't feel bad Lar. That's how I read it. 8) Sorry! Welcome Al ! (edited)

Welcome! Nice bikes. You got the best things to start out with.

Don. Noted, thankyou sir.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everybody

> AJ Rowden Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Don. Noted, thankyou sir.

>

> Thanks for the warm welcomes everybody

Yer welcome! We want everyone to stay alive while enjoying their peds!

Moped Lar - Allow me to welcome you to the

titanium club - joint replacements are the best !!

I'm new to this army as well although I grew up in the Air Force. The real Air force. You may need to acquire a Sons of Arthritis t-shirt, in honor of your recent titanium acquisition. Here's my dilemma for the Army : My 78 Puch Maxi Luxe idles pretty high and doesn't return to idle by it's little eggplant purple self. It's 113 outside today with the heat index - so I may not get out there this afternoon, but who amongst us knows about the cable / and or / spring and / or throttle and how to make the grip return on it's own ?????

( ps. Be sure and do your PT exactly like they tell you and you'll be better than new in no time !! )

20190407_174809.jpg

^ Just read your profile, nothing wrong with you! ;) Pic of Town car coupe....that sounds like a beauty! Sometimes just a little lubrication of the throttle handle and cable are enough to free it up. Love the flamingos!

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^ Just read your profile, nothing wrong with you! ;) Pic of Town car

> coupe....that sounds like a beauty! Sometimes just a little lubrication

> of the throttle handle and cable are enough to free it up. Love the

> flamingos!

I don't know ... anybody with pink flamingos has to be out there on the edge .

Hmm , come to think of it , most of us here are already there , so , Trudy Fair should fit right in . LOL

:)

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Hi Trudy, thanks for welcoming me to the titanium club. I actually have a titanium screw in my right foot, titanium plates, rods and screws in my lower spine and now a titanium left knee. I can already tell this is gonna be a long process to get back to some degree of normalcy. I’ve been doing the PT as I have been instructed. I hate it, but I don’t really have any other choice other than suffering for the next 20 years.

BTW...My wife has the same exact model and color Puch Maxi Luxe. We’ve owned it for over 18 years and love it.

Good luck with your Puch!

> Trudy Fair Wrote:

> Moped Lar - Allow me to welcome you to the

>

> titanium club - joint replacements are the best !!

>

> I'm new to this army as well although I grew up in the Air Force. The

> real Air force. You may need to acquire a Sons of Arthritis t-shirt, in

> honor of your recent titanium acquisition. Here's my dilemma for the

> Army : My 78 Puch Maxi Luxe idles pretty high and doesn't return to idle

> by it's little eggplant purple self. It's 113 outside today with the

> heat index - so I may not get out there this afternoon, but who amongst

> us knows about the cable / and or / spring and / or throttle and how to

> make the grip return on it's own ?????

>

> ( ps. Be sure and do your PT exactly like they tell you and you'll be

> better than new in no time !! )

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> Wow, I feel really stupid! I had knee replacement surgery yesterday and

> I’m on some very strong pain meds that make me a bit loopy. Sorry for

> the miscommunication!

Gee, hope you heal up perfectly,Larry! Make yourself obey the Doc for awhile.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Thanks Don! I need all the encouragement I can get....lol.

It's pretty common to get knees nowadays. I just ran the PEDVAN Aerostar up to Cleveland to get a used Rear engine rider from a guy that says he had both knees done and doesn't need a riding mower anymore. He is 78.

So take heart, Larry! (edited)

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I’d still keep the riding mower....lol. Luckily, the HOA cuts our lawn in VA.

Well, I've always believed in machinery over muscle. I'll be riding, mowers OR mopeds.

Hey Lar - I'll see your plates and raise you BOTH knees, BOTH hips, BOTH shoulders- replaced in reverse ( it's a thing ) AND L1,2,3,4 and 5 decompressed and fused. I had my knees done 3 months apart, and my friend, in 3 months, pain and immobility will both be distant memories - in that knee anyway. You'll be so glad you had this done. So why, with all the titanium and at age 66 do I want to start riding a moped now ?

Why the hell not ? I already know ALL the good surgeons. Incidentally- that's my 1972 Aristocrat

Landmaster that my buddy Amy and I painted with house paint and brushes. And since y'all asked I'll be happy to post a picture of my Lincoln. You guys are so nice. Great to hear about another lady with a Purple Puch !!!!!! Moped twin sisters !!!!

PD - I just ordered a whole new set of cables from Treatland - thanks to Dana there for making sure I got the right set. I unhooked the cable from the throttle and took the grip and scrubbed the heck out of the sliding hoodus on the inside there with Dawn and a toothbrush and got it sliding and gliding and twisting like it ought to. Gonna graphite it. Yes ? But some PO or somebody threaded the cables oddly ( ? ) so that when you turn the bike to the left , the little lock thingy crushes the cables agin' the fork post gizmo ( .....well THAT can't be right .... ) so I'm a-gettin' me a whole new set because I figure it's better to get new parts for the Puch than any more for me. I really do appreciate the help and guidance. I don't have the key for the litte lock thingy but it's not locked so am I supposed to care about that ? Also Lar, I may need a foto of how to thread those cables so they aren't crushed by a hoodus, gizmo, thingy or dealio cause just turning right all the time may not be practical.......

Signed,

Wondering in Weatherford

Graphite is a good choice of lube .

It makes for some of the best cable lube .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account