Juiced Scorpion, the future of mopeds!

This thing is awesome, the utility of an old school moped, without being kind of fragile like e-bikes, ONYX is way faster, but somehow they left off fenders, mirrors and turn signals, wtf ONYX? Only downside is price, almost 3k, but how does that compare to $800 or so in 1978 dollars? Maybe worth it? I have the credit to finance such a purchase, but I have never in all my years financed a car, much less something I could ride maybe 5 months a year....if I sold all my gas bikes I could have a significant down payment, but I like the gas ones too, but sure don't need all of them that I have. Thoughts on this machine? Discuss.

Re: Juiced Scorpion, the future of mopeds!

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

I don’t know why every e-bike company goes with that matte black, like any color paint from a motobecane would look great with the styling, but instead they all choose the rustoleum special

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1978?amount=800

Apparently its comparable. But I'm not a stats guy..so I couldn't tell you if that accurate (edited)

ONYX and scorpoion are just different fundamentally. Onyx is small moto parts as opposed to the scorpion which uses mountain bike suspension and brakes. The scorpion even has an actual full on mtb drivetrain with a derailleur and everything.

Riding an onyx feels like a motorcycle. It has conical headset bearings, beefy responsive forks and a real disk brake. My assumption is that riding the scorpion probably feels more like riding a nice older mountain bike.

Yeah the way I have felt is that onyx and Monday moped are mopeds. And juiced and super73 are fancy ebikes.

dude, check out the new noped lookin tomos arrow style bikes garelli is showing off, ciclone, they came out last year but the newest ones with show off a 40+ top speed and 40+ range, it's pretty cool

Oooh I like that^^! I wish the fenders were a little off the tires, and it’d be a good trail bike. Super rad looking tho

Yeah I saw those new garelli's yesterday, they're sick. I might get one if they sell them here

That is dope! And a buddy seat. Will, get dos to import a few.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I like that Ciclone... wonder if Ill ever find a beater one to weld a tomos engine to it?? hmmm....

That Ciclone, damn! Hella good.

The juiced bike, not so much.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> dude, check out the new noped lookin tomos arrow style bikes garelli is

> showing off, ciclone, they came out last year but the newest ones with

> show off a 40+ top speed and 40+ range, it's pretty cool

>

> https://www.e-scooter.co/i/fc/04/13/b5bbd886d46c8706ff1fa2ccfb.jpg

I like that too!

daan SJAARLOOS /

Get this.

/\ I like that. Any more info? My problem with electric is, quite a lot of makers are start ups/very small product outfits, so spare parts support will probably be non-existent.

> daan SJAARLOOS Wrote:

> Get this.

>

> https://i.ibb.co/Nn5q8wt/5f60ca837854208b646952a2b1acc26d-1.png

Sharp, what is it?

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> /\ I like that. Any more info? My problem with electric is, quite a lot

> of makers are start ups/very small product outfits, so spare parts

> support will probably be non-existent.

Good point, but I think many of the brake parts and tires could be sourced. You are not going to wear out the motor, and there are places that build batt packs, but I think they would be quite reliable.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Sharp, what is it?

https://www.brekr.com/en/

Just under 5 grand .

I'd have to use it a lot .

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Awesome if you’re 5’5” and 110 lbs

For the price of the breker, you can just get an onyx or Monday moped. Way cooler in my opinion and currently in production.

yea, so many startups making enough to draw designs but rarely getting out of the startup phase. I dig the sur-rons and cakes too, if I got one it'd be a homebuilt tho. I mean - not much to it really

daan SJAARLOOS /

Price for the brekr is pretty steep and is even higher if you go for the extra battery pack or the custom colors that are available. Would be out of my price range for sure but in my humble opinion this is by far the best looking e ped out there so far.

Actually the price is not that crazy considering the fact that the 4stroke vespa scooters that are crazy popular right now over here sell for 3500 up to 5000 euros and they sell by the boatload.

If I could get rid of my car and get this it would pay for itself within a few years but I need a car unfortunately. Looks like it's past the desig stage because you can actually order one online now but I haven't seen them riding around yet.

Future of true mopeds....................4-strokes.

Nope, electric.

You will see.

It's already happening.

daan SJAARLOOS /

Future of mopeds is trolling

whatever the future of mopeds is, i'm pretty sure don's got very little part of it

Dirty30 Dillon /

> whatever the future of mopeds is, i'm pretty sure don's got very little

> part of it

^^^^^

> whatever the future of mopeds is, i'm pretty sure don's got very little

> part of it

If it's electric, by any stupid chance, you'll be right. LOL!

Pushrod Fifty /

Holding out for the Tesla moped.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account