An other bump in the F#KING road

D1E3FD2A-16B4-4E10-BCCB-D474A40B6B28.jpeg

This is supposed to be a Grande petcock. No way, I say!

Re: An other bump in the F#KING road

Maybe not , but , if it works ...

Lol not great that way! But I imagine it should still work. You just installed it backwards.

This is probably karma for you making new topics about every miniscule thing on your bike.

E4D7162B-B4B0-4FF9-9A54-A74C9F7C466C.jpeg
44F50EBF-1FC0-4046-950F-1D80691BE018.jpeg

. Ike. I can’t see how. I matched its position as it goes in. That means fuel has to come out , go up the fuel line make , hopefully,a soft bend downward left under , to the intake? I found the old one. I’m gonna see if I can clean it.. (edited)

Thanks for the support Bas !

Dirty30 Dillon /

That angle won't matter at all Les, you'd be fine.

Yeah, it'll just be annoying to get the fuel tube off and on maybe, and it'll have to be a little longer, but it should work fine.

I cleaned the original, replaced the rubber Inside , installed, let it set all nite. No leaks on the cardboard this morning. Might be a good sign. I'm searching old threads for starter clutches not engaging. I replaced new ones in same position, but, being slightly dyslexic, who knows! 8) !

Les, I've had a couple of reasons for starter shoes not working. One is if the shoes were worn, which you've replaced so that's not it. I've had someone put the wrong springs on it so they didn't swing right. I've also seen where oil or something gets into the lip of the clutch where the shoes ride and cause them to slip. In that case you would clean the clutch and the shoes.

Make sure you have good movement of your clutch shoes and be sure they are clean and they should work. I've tried a little sandpaper on my surfaces occasionally as well.

Thanks Ike. I took the shoes from the Bravo, they catch easily. But no start..I been “ threading” ( new phrase) and some say to spin motor and check plug for spark. Ok so the head is cast aluminum I think .that won’t spark ? Should I scrape the pipe to spark it? Plus I don’t think I can spin it fast enough with a ratchet.

Dirty30 Dillon /

It will spark against the head, for sure. pull the plug and use a drill to check for spark.

55C02C0A-BD74-47A5-B895-FA175EFAADD1.jpeg
55C02C0A-BD74-47A5-B895-FA175EFAADD1.jpeg

As instructed no spark ...next check voltage at HT coil 8) (edited)

Ok , so no spark. Tried to read up on how to check voltage with an antique voltmeter. Then I threaded onto Cheetahchromes' 6 volt battery check! So I'm done for today. Tomorrow ill get the battery & check for spark at the points . Fingers and eyes crossed , CBD happy hour....

All metals are conductive. Some better than others. Aluminum happens to be pretty awesome.

For checking spark, I highly recommend an adjustable gap spark tester.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IXMA1RY/

As far as spinning the engine, you can have a friend pedal like crazy for you. Or, (and I know the debate will rage) you can spin the engine with a drill. You gotta be careful about stripping threads and whatnot, but with the spark plug out and no compression, it's not too risky.

74F5C3B0-57B4-4185-AB10-89756F7C8C4D.jpeg
74F5C3B0-57B4-4185-AB10-89756F7C8C4D.jpeg

found these at the parts store saw them on a thread. Worked good. Slowly but surely I’ll find it.

165CB8A1-5DD8-4ED7-A866-19C8B54B21C6.jpeg

Ok. Found slewfoots thread. Just remove spark plug boot , hold wire to head, got a spark. So I’m thinking this boot , to the old Bosch spark on the plug . Still trying to start, no luck yet.

Try eliminating the cap .

HT wire directly to plug , while it's installed .

Maybe that's what you did and maybe I just couldn't decipher your slewfoot imitation . ;)

Lol! Musta been eating to many CBD gummies. 8D

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account