Re: What could substitute gas for a moped in an emergency?

Doesnt the gas today only have a 30 day shelf life due to the ethanol? I believe there is some stabilizers you can add to the gas to extend the shelf life, but how long can you store gas before it goes bad?

Years , as long as it's kept in a sealed container .

FYI : 2 stroke oil is an excellent fuel stabilizer . ;)

Thanks PD! So just by adding 2 stroke oil to your gas in a sealed container, it will be stable for years! Thanks again for the excellent tip. Really good information to know in these uncertain times and for emergency.

^ "True Fuel" at hardware store, expensive, but sealed and in moped tank sizes. But really, if the shit hits the fan to the degree of there being a gasoline shortage you have bigger issues than your moped.

The One And Only /

A good question,how many miles can a stock moped get to begin with?

Depends on how much you weigh, condition of bike, riding style, etc. Fill tank, ride it out, look at how my miles have elapsed, there's your answer. Will be different in every situation.

The One And Only /

I have not even gotten my first bike restored to find out, thats why I was asking lol. Guess I was lookin for a general range.

> Nile Muti Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Doesnt the gas today only have a 30 day shelf life due to the ethanol? I

> believe there is some stabilizers you can add to the gas to extend the

> shelf life, but how long can you store gas before it goes bad?

No, gas is okay for a year easy if sealed up away from moisture. Especially real gas with no ethanol.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

This...

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?18,4369392

That and an old guy from South Africa told me about how a Sachs 505 when running can use straight diesel to get you home provided you don't stall it . ...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account