Puch VZ50.('74-ish) Never UK registered(DVLA)..age related no ?

Hi Folks,

Doing a deal on nice Puch VZ50(approx '74) in UK...apparently stored in shop until recently..only started up inside....so only have chassis/engine numbers....never had V5 reg.Bike unused. So (age-wise) should be MOT/tax exempt. Really don't want a "Q" plate (or this that for imports only ?) DVLA website doesn't seem to cover this. Any help/ideas greatly appreciated. John in sunny Worthing,Sussex (UK).

Re: Puch VZ50.('74-ish) Never UK registered(DVLA)..age related no ?

I doubt you'll get much help, as the site is probably 80% America based. Surely if it has never been registered, then it can just be registered like a new bike? I think Q plates are for kit cars and non standard builds. Best to ring the DVLA or see if you can live chat/email on their site. There was a group/club in the UK called something like the national moped register or something and they used to be able to issue you with a certificate to verify the moped by frame and engine numbers and this helped for DVLA processes.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account