RE: tried some alcohol

Michael /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The alcohol I used was just the denatured ethanol you buy at the hardware store in 1-gallon containers. There is a gas station only a couple blocks from my house that has a methanol pump, but according to the guy inside the station, it hasnt been used in years and probably never will be again. I have yet to try methanol. I'd like to find a station nearby that carries it so that i dont have to be going to the hardware store for moped fuel. As for the carb, I plan to get a larger (15mm probably) carb as soon as i have some extra cash, but for now I'm going to just order a few larger jets to make the mixture more rich (1 mole of gasoline needs 8.5 moles oxygen to fully combust while 1 mole ethanol needs 3 moles oxygen and 1 mole methanol needs 1.5 moles oxygen). With the muffler, i just purchased a Leo vinci exhaust which boosted my performance nicely..

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  tried some alcoholTopic by: Michael Michael 11/15/00 01:38AM
  RE: tried some alcoholRe: DaveB DaveB 11/15/00 11:56AM
  RE: tried some alcoholRe: Michael Michael 11/15/00 09:26PM
  alcohol / oil solubilityRe: Michael Michael 11/16/00 05:07PM
  RE: alcohol / oil solubilityRe: Jim C Jim C 11/16/00 10:47PM
  RE: alcohol / oil solubilityRe: Daniel Daniel 11/17/00 11:29AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account