Piston seized in cylinder sleeve

Piston seized in cylinder sleeve

I just purchased a 1961 Quickly TT/K. The piston is seized inside of the cylinder sleeve, I think it is just rusted into it. is there anyway to break it lose? I need help. Thanks Steve

Re: Piston seized in cylinder sleeve

It depends where in the cyclinder the piston is. If it is not at the top or bottom, try soaking it with kerosene or penetrating oil for a few days, then, with a hammer and a block of wood, tap on the piston, not too hard at first. If it doesn't move, soak it some more and do the same. No gaurantees here, but I did this with a chevy block in a boat that spend 18 months under water and 2 years in a backyard exposed to the weather, and after 2 weeks or so the engine started to move and 1 month later it was running again with no aparent damage...Ken D

Re: Piston seized in cylinder sleeve

Is this a nsu quickly? If it is, this has a chromed bore and if this is damaged then the piston and cylinder has to be replaced.No rebore. I have a NSU quickly and my piston was stuck solid I broke the piston trying to get it free. hope you have better luck that I did.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account