Taillight wiring question

First I apologize for the bad sketch. Now the sketch shows how my wires were hooked up as I took the light off. Now, the Grande wiring sketch shows , looking down, blue left , green center, right black. The base shows GST, ( photo) I’m assuming G is ground. My thinking is to hook them up as I took them off. The wire harness is original, no sketchy wire work. Any thoughts. BT W. This is another basket case , and it was in pieces , so engine wasn’t in a box .

6F6DBA66-543C-4B87-98D8-AF2745125CA6.jpeg
3C58BA5F-2F2A-4101-A9E1-9198D594066B.jpeg
804EF76C-D1AD-4309-A562-09E99366ED1B.jpeg

Re: Taillight wiring question

your sketch is upside down, literally

SGT is Stop Ground Taillight

Look at the wiring diagram and figure out which wire goes to ground, which wire goes to your brake switches, and which wire is your taillight.

Yes like Nick said, LOOK at the schematic. Trace the wire colors back from the tailight to determine which color does what job. If the wire traces back to the brake handle switch then that color is probably the brake light wire and would go on the "S" for stop terminal.

My bad. Mario the sketch as you hold the taillight is good, I scribbled upside down. I shoulda looked at the schematic before I panicked. Got me good Cheetah! Now time to strip some wire.

T is for tail light

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account