Vintage electric moped?

Kelly Fogarty /

This ped is for sale near me...owner does not know make or year. It appears 1970s but instead of fuel tank there’s a battery box. Anyone know? Thx

D890F4A7-87D9-48F6-9CB1-93C89B6ECF82.jpeg
05452FDF-2EE5-4626-ADC5-364CF8A56CCC.jpeg

Re: Vintage electric moped?

Could not be older than the 90's. I will tell you there will be some kind of year of manufacturing on either the batteries or the charging unit.

That’s pretty cool. How much are they asking? It probably only need new batteries, and you could even update it with a modern controller and lipo batteries for pretty cheap.

> Derek Stahl Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That’s pretty cool. How much are they asking? It probably only need new

> batteries, and you could even update it with a modern controller and

> lipo batteries for pretty cheap.

i came here to say this.

Kelly Fogarty /

Seller asking $250

Pushrod Fifty /

If its not Chinese, its worth a chance to get it going.

Tweaker trash /

To be honest, it might be worth it To part it out

dude that rules!

it looks pretty rad and decent parts, probably old NiMH stuff? Or maybe full lead acid, but that's not too expensive. I'd definitely get that, super neat score

It looks cool, heavy, but cool, with upgraded batts I bet it would be fun! I would totally buy that too, if you go look at it get the brand and post it so we can learn about it.

I'd buy it just to satisfy my curiosity about what those eraser-pink highway peg/engine crash guard/crocs/pockets are

not vintage, maybe 10 years old? most of those came with ugly praying mantis modern scooter headlight/fairing, but some came with "vintage style" round headlights.

Overpriced Parts /

There is no such thing as Electric piece of china crap!

A Vintage 2t Moped is what this site is made upon so Everything else sucks/is incorrect should not be here ever!

Here is the

Moped Army Mission Statement !

Anything else go to cobalt Mining Battery destroying the earth And enslaving children website!

The Moped Army is the organizational end result of an outcropping of moped enthusiasts throughout the nation. Seeing it as more than just an easy and inexpensive way to get around town, members uphold the moped as a way of life. Although the advantages as a mode of transportation are many, a similar mind set is what brings us together.

We see the moped as more than a means of travel, and truly believe in the lifestyle that accompanies riding one.

It’s all about the moped’s aesthetic, its marginalized status in our society, the friendly traveling, easy stop communication, and our ability to enjoy the trip, as well as the destination.

So go away anybody who doesn’t have a vintage made of metal two cycle pedal Moped And the more China bike crap you buy the more children you kill and more human rights are violated,

2-Stroke Power. Swarm and Destroy.

those legshield pockets are super cool

ken, this doesn't have cobalt batteries.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account