Help valuing vintage rims!

I have this pair of rims for a garelli VIP 2! Curious what is the value on something in this condition thank you

IMG_9516.JPG
IMG_9517.JPG
IMG_9518.JPG

Re: Help valuing vintage rims!

$20 each max

^ yeah, those are rough looking. Just cuz it's old does not make it gold.

Especially with no axels. Are they not loose bearing wheels?

Overpriced Parts /

No axles, no bearings, no brake cable holders and rusted = useless

Thanks everybody!

I wouldn't throw them away. 17" wire spoked garelli rims are not common. Correct replacement spokes are hard to come by.

These guys will make any spoke you need!!!http://www.buchananspokes.com/categories/custom_spoke_sets.asp

Don't listen to them !! The value is when someone including yourself needs one or both. When it's you a sigh of relief that you bothered to keep them. When it's someone else it depends on just how much pain it's been to acquire and whether the next owner actually really needs them. Or $40 to infinity.

Ooo but those tires are creamy good.

I was going to say sites like treats probably sell them for almost 100.00 but in better shape.

I dunno, if I was trying to buy wheels i'd expect to pay like 40 bucks apiece

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I couldn’t give away nicer, complete rims than those at my free parts grab last year. I still have a whole shed full of them that I need to get rid of before I fully move out to VA.

The bottom line is that you can assign any arbitrary value to them, but when push comes to shove, no one wants them. Just my $.02...

FYI....I am not gonna start shipping any of my spoked rims. If anyone wants them all, you can come get them anytime during the month of August. Port Murray NJ. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account