Puch Newport ii

My son has a Newport ii with about 200 original miles on it. Does anyone know what the black box on the handle bars is, it has a key and states ignition, and two chrome toggle switches one lights and one hazard lights, looks like a battery box. Is this original equipment, or an aftermarket addition. He wants to sell, the bike has been sitting for years under cover and is totally original and looks new, except for the original tires that have a little dry rot showing. Any one have any ideas on value etc, any input would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

GB

Re: Puch Newport ii

Pictures help greatly

That's the ignition for the time machine.

Flux capacitor

20200720_202651.jpg

Picture is always helpful

As far as value, a non-running, all original Maxi with dry rotted tires is worth $100-200.

Running perfect, with new tires, tubes, cables, brake service, shift pucks and tranny service- $500-700.

Overpriced Parts /

That’s probably some aftermarket device, it could be a modded cateye turn signal box. Maybe something like these cateye turn signals on these magnums handlebars,

Sometimes were were are a dealer add-on or you could just buy a set of cateye and install them, the wiring is easy.

E3FB75F6-A527-4DD9-B732-82C2223CA1A0.jpeg
5961760F-4732-43D1-B99B-287780D51EF5.jpeg

A two speed maxi if sitting for a long time will need it to be completely gone over/serviced,

The Engine/topend, carb/tank fuel system, transmission, Magneto/electrics, brakes, wheels/tires everything and unless you’re willing to do that yourself a motorcycle shop will will charge you hundreds or thousands and they still won’t do it right,

To be safe every system has to work perfectly for if it’s a 2hp Model it’s capable of 30 miles an hour stock or 35-40 mph with simple mods

Requested Pics

IMG_1637.JPG
IMG_1641.JPG
IMG_1635.JPG

Overpriced Parts /

The bike looks really good but the abomination on top of it is ridiculous!

If I had to guess... that is a custom battery enclosure?? which is actually pretty cool because it looks like the turn signal mounting and wiring is clean and professional and it even has that cool handlebar support. I've never seen anything like it but if you do decide to remove it instead of leaving it on please do it carefully and post the components in the Buy/Sell forum, I bet someone on here would be interested in getting a setup like that to work again.

If you remove that non stock whatever it is I'll buy it off of you

Overpriced Parts /

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If you remove that non stock whatever it is I'll buy it off of you

If I were you I’d buy it the way it is and have you remove it because he knows nothing about nothing, haha

Neat way to put those cat eyes on the front with that weird box. Never seen a Newport with a za50 on it either. Super cool!

Do Newport 2 have wide rims also? This has the nice wide rims? This is not a factory bike

Wow, that is a beautiful, well kept bike.

You should be able to get a few hundred for that easy, as is.

I would totally rock that battery box or whatever set up. So sick

Pepi & Jay, yes. The Newport II came with za50 & wide rims. I have a black one, but the black ones always have holes in the tank. So I replaced the frame with a burgundy Maxi Luxe frame. Sucks, because I love the hand pin-striping on the Newport II’s. But now I have a MaxiLuxe II. The Newport II frame is hanging in my garage.

image.jpg

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Pepi & Jay, yes. The Newport II came with za50 & wide rims. I have a

> black one, but the black ones always have holes in the tank. So I

> replaced the frame with a burgundy Maxi Luxe frame. Sucks, because I

> love the hand pin-striping on the Newport II’s. But now I have a

> MaxiLuxe II. The Newport II frame is hanging in my garage.

> >

Learned something new. Cool bike

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account