Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

There's a moped listed on eBay for a lot of money. Too much money probably. Not that I know anything about it. Screenshot. The listing seems to be a little sketchy. Is kosher to buy a moped from Ohio without a title? I don't intend to offer this much for this moped. How much is a reasonable amount of money to offer? Thanks!

Screenshot_20200719-200201.png

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

It’s a morini pacer (not laser) unless they had a few names for this moped. Some states require titles others do not. I think Ohio had a speed restriction and also required to have pedal function to be specified as a moped in the state of Ohio. But someone will chime in about the Ohio requirement. This guy is hoping someone has deep pockets on eBay. It’s a little high but he might get it. NYC/California sell mopeds in that price range all the time but he could be sitting on it for a while

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Robert Koenig /

No titles in Ohio just bills of sale. I’ve actually registered a moped here with a BOS on an oily half torn price of note pad. No lyin

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Overpriced Parts /

Yeah no titles are needed for Moped’s in Ohio just a vin # to get a plate,

I never needed a bill of sale either, I don’t think you need a title to register moped in Florida,

C7566700-53DC-4CB5-9B0E-547E688CA453.jpeg

That pacer is a highly desirable model but kinda high asking price

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Thanks for the info. Yeah, it looks like it's been listed for a while. I think I was sent a offer the other day at a lower price. You think I could talk him down to $500. It looks like it's in really good condition from the photos. Is it even a Sachs? It says Laser on the gas tank....

Screenshot_20200719-202545.png
Screenshot_20200719-202807.png

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

> Jade Jargon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the info. Yeah, it looks like it's been listed for a while. I

> think I was sent a offer the other day at a lower price. You think I

> could talk him down to $500. It looks like it's in really good condition

> from the photos. Is it even a Sachs? It says Laser on the gas tank....

Jade, You are correct. This is an Italtelai Laser. (IT = Italtelai) Which is the same company that made the Pacer. It is the same bike just branded differently as Italians often were. You are also correct in your statement that it has been posted there for a while, Like years. Its price has gone up and down but not less than 1000. I have watched this one for a while. There is even a thread about the seller on the MA here somewhere. Doesn't hurt to ask, Maybe he will finally be willing to lower his price. They are a good bike and Morini is a solid engine.

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Jack Rutherford /
7B184EE6-30D8-4F18-A0F0-AEEE349D5942.png

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

> ugp * Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It’s a morini pacer (not laser) unless they had a few names for this

> moped. Some states require titles others do not. I think Ohio had a

> speed restriction and also required to have pedal function to be

> specified as a moped in the state of Ohio. But someone will chime in

> about the Ohio requirement. This guy is hoping someone has deep pockets

> on eBay. It’s a little high but he might get it. NYC/California sell

> mopeds in that price range all the time but he could be sitting on it

> for a while

While you are technically rightish, I still see them as different bikes because for me a Pacer is a Pacer if it was branded a Pacer. :D Here is the trademarked logo for the Laser from Italtelai. https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/italtelai-s-a-s-di-piazza-silvano-co-182593/ (edited)

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Wouldn't be worth over 600 to me. THEN I'd put an MO2 on it and mag wheels.

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

BE CAREFUL! This bike belongs to Micah Sinner of Clintonville Ohio! Anyone that has been on MA very long knows his history :(

Avoid doing any business with him, his ebay feedback 3 months ago was down to 80%!!

Here's more of his rip-off's

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sachs-Prima-1980-moped-400mi/293037968552?hash=item443a6c8ca8:g:DL8AAOSwBXhbGB2c

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kreidler-Mp-1978-Moped/293037968547?hash=item443a6c8ca3:g:d-kAAOSwkgZbH-~3

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Sachs-G4-general-Airsal-kitted-moped/293037968568?hash=item443a6c8cb8:g:E84AAOSwa69bH-1Eo

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Micah's a piece of shit scammer

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

so no titles until around 2003ish. newer tomos mopeds were titled here in Ohio. they changed their registration rules about 2 years ago so I'm not sure if titles are still needed for newer bikes but that pacer shouldn't require anything more than a bill of sale. i doubt he will take $500 considering he is at $1350 right now, but maybe 900-1000 range... moped prices have gone up and that is a somewhat desired top tank moped. Anyone that disagrees will have to post a pacer / lazer for $500 as proof. now as far as the Micah guy thing im not sure, his name sounds familiar but????

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

> Road Kill Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> BE CAREFUL! This bike belongs to Micah Sinner of Clintonville Ohio!

> Anyone that has been on MA very long knows his history :(

>

> Avoid doing any business with him, his ebay feedback 3 months ago was

> down to 80%!!

>

> Here's more of his rip-off's

>

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sachs-Prima-1980-moped-400mi/293037968552?hash=item443a6c8ca8:g:DL8AAOSwBXhbGB2c

>

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kreidler-Mp-1978-Moped/293037968547?hash=item443a6c8ca3:g:d-kAAOSwkgZbH-~3

>

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Sachs-G4-general-Airsal-kitted-moped/293037968568?hash=item443a6c8cb8:g:E84AAOSwa69bH-1Eo

I figured it was him, dudes a loser...

All of his FB market place and Craigslist adds get flagged, so I guess he is moving onto fleabay...

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Ohio here. All you need is a signed Bill of Sale plus the VIN .The BMV I go to is up on her moped knowledge, And she likes a pic of the VIN. So it just depends on who you deal with. Btw good luck! (edited)

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

I have never needed a bill of sale for a moped. Especially not since the new form you have to fill out came out. Also yeah no titles (edited)

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Despite the "branding" it's literally the same bike, +/- some stickers.

They're fine, but also the M01 is one of the most vanilla moped engines.

Re: Is it true that there are no titles for mopeds in Ohio?

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Despite the "branding" it's literally the same bike, +/- some stickers.

>

> They're fine, but also the M01 is one of the most vanilla moped engines.

Boo.. BOOOOO.. LOL Just because it's true doesn't mean its true. :::::( The Pacer Super Sport is way better than the Laser just because. :D

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account