Good deal on Biltwell Gringo Helmets

Heyo, I know the opinions on the Biltwell Gringo helmet are mixed here, but I just wanted to put out an FYI that Biltwell has a few different colors on a closeout sale on eBay right now at a huge discount....they are going for $80-100. I just grabbed one, it will be a definite upgrade from the 3/4 helmet I had....

Re: Good deal on Biltwell Gringo Helmets

Thanks for the heads up! I just picked up the Gringo S in orange. One thing to note is that some of the Biltwell helmets in this eBay sale are the older DOT-only standard, whereas the orange one is ECE/DOT.

Interesting, I've had a few Biltwells and never knew the new ones have ECE

Gringo is the only helmet I’ve ever tried that actually fits my head well enough. Love the S since I’m a glasses guy and it’s a lot easier to get on and off than the snap shield was. The new ones are ECE, so they’re probably offloading old stock at a discount.

I love my biltwell. It is not super large and I can slide put it on without taking off my glasses. The shields scratch pretty easy but nice helmets. Mine is like a black metallic color. I had the mirror sheild that I realy liked but it got scratched up within a week of putting it on.

20200719_094052.jpg

Oh, I should look into these! It’s about time for me replace my bucket and I shouldn’t be into that orange one but I definitely am.

How are these on sizing? Do they tend to run big, small, or average?

> Chris Squid Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The new ones are ECE, so

> they’re probably offloading old stock at a discount.

These listings say they are ECE. Hopefully that’s true! I’ve been a SNELL diehard in the past so I’m on the fence a little here. (edited)

I hate full face helmets

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

I bought an ivory/vintage white Gringo S last year with a discount code for like $180, DOT/ECE. Its a great helmet style wise, makes you look a million times better on an old moped vs a modern streetbike helmet. A big downer was that after my first ride with the helmet, the faceshield bubbled up everywhere, think it was the antifog coating. Biltwell shipped me a new one for free, hopefully it'll last. Its comfortable, but lets in more noise with the non sealing faceshield than my Scorpion Exo R710 which I love, and no air vents either so keep that in mind.

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> I bought an ivory/vintage white Gringo S last year with a discount code

> for like $180, DOT/ECE. Its a great helmet style wise, makes you look a

> million times better on an old moped vs a modern streetbike helmet. A

> big downer was that after my first ride with the helmet, the faceshield

> bubbled up everywhere, think it was the antifog coating. Biltwell

> shipped me a new one for free, hopefully it'll last. Its comfortable,

> but lets in more noise with the non sealing faceshield than my Scorpion

> Exo R710 which I love, and no air vents either so keep that in mind.

Yeah I have a modular that is super large but has awsome vents and is super quiet. I have to lift my visor a little when I first put it on so it doesn't fog up the sheild. Yeah and the noise is pretty loud. It's a 70's style helmet so its realy all about style with it.

Stop at the dollar store and pick up a can of shaving cream / foam .

Spread/wipe the inside of your face shields with it and wipe excess off .

Do the same to your bathroom mirrors and neither will fog . ;)

while i do like their style, i dont understand how riders wear non-ventilated helmets. i'd be fine if its cold out, but my helmets have vents that blows on the back of the face shield which reduce/prevent condensation.

I really like the gringo for the style and price... ended up not going cheap in my brain protection though...

torc helmet

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Full Tuck Wrote:

> while i do like their style, i dont understand how riders wear

> non-ventilated helmets. i'd be fine if its cold out, but my helmets have

> vents that blows on the back of the face shield which reduce/prevent

> condensation.

My gringo s only fogs up when I come to stop. They breathe surprisingly well for having no vents.

Sean Hennessey /

Thanks, i ordered one!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account