Powder-coating mags does alot for looks on a bike

RZ Namllow /

But man, is it ever a lot of work if you do it right!

20200711_144253.jpg

Re: Powder-coating mags does alot for looks on a bike

Looks nice.

RZ Namllow /

Thanks 👍🏻

Perfect look for that bike! Congrats!

How much for the paint job?

I sent my QT50 for powder coating, $400 11 pcs, I wondering if the price is right!

RZ Namllow /

The local powdercoating place here charges 60 bucks a wheel. That's for sandblasting, priming and painting.

They don't like to do motorcycle/moped wheels so they charge way more then they normally do for other parts

Yea you got to find someone who powder coats and is into Motorsports. I had one guy quote me $600 to powder coat my Hobbit frame and sub-frame in black. That shop does commercial work i.e lawn chairs etc. Found another person who owns a shop and rides Ruckus and Groms and charged me $100 (The frame was already stripped and sanded by me)

Prices vary widely. I got wheels, frame and several body pieces blasted and powdered locally for $250. Basically the entire moped. He did have the colors I wanted in stock which helped.

Balancing wheels does a lot for the handling of a bike.

Sand blasting is what's the pain. I did a Ciao frame and that was also a bitch to get all the crevices and shit. The powder is cheap. I think I paid like $10 for a pound. It's all the labor in sand blasting which was several hours of work.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account