Electrical revamp of puch maxi

Neil Hrdlick /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I recently purchased an 86 maxi, lots of fun, but I have several kinks to work out. Unfortunately the greater part of the electrical system was outright molested by the owner prior to whom I bought it from, the brake lights work and the horn worked when I hooked the lines to it, the only problem being it has an intermittent short so the horn goes off every now and again on its own accord. I would like to convert it to a 12v system with a small battery so I can run led lights all around. I knew the forum gods and moped wizards of moped army would be the best source of strength and guidance for this endeavor. I am moderately knowledgeable by mechanical and Electrical means, or so I though, I didn’t want to get too Experimental because I did not want to decommission the bike (as it is my island commuter) or worse yet awaken any Gremlins. Anything helps, thanks for your time and consideration.

-Neil

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account