Why is the rear shock on my Suzuki fa50 lose?

My Suzuki fa50 shock is lose where it attaches at the top, the bolt isn't big enough to fill the inside of it.

I assumed I was just missing like a little spacer of some sort, but there's nothing on the parts diagrams.

I don't think the bolt is original, but it's the correct width so that's not the issue. Any idea what's going on?

20200708_192539.jpg

Re: Why is the rear shock on my Suzuki fa50 lose?

There is an inner metal bushing that goes on the inside of the rubber part. Is that missing?

there's usually a metal bushing/sleeve between the bolt and the black rubber, is yours missing? or maybe the rubber is broken in there? take the nut off and look/post a pic.

I had it off a second ago, not bushing but there's also not one on the parts diagrams. That's what's confusing me

The bushing is part of the shock from it's manufacturer .

Fine a bushing that will fit inside the rubber cushion , with an inside diameter to allow the bolt through .

Any decent hardware store will have a bushing that will work .

Take the shock and the bolt to the store so you're certain to find a nice fit .

If you're handy , you can make a bushing to do the job . It doesn't have to be metal .

Take a plastic milk bottle and cut stripes wide enough for the shock . Wind it around the bolt until thick enough to fit snugly into the shock .

That should do you until you can get an actual bushing or you might just say : good enough .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account