Jet Reamer

Papa _ /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

https://www.puchshop.de/set-nozzle-cleaning-reamer-set.html?search=reamer

I keep seeing people asking about what jet size they need and the recommendations to buy a range of jets.

I picked up the reamer set, because it was so damn cheap, and I think that if I am looking to up-jet something after a mod, Im just going to progressively open the jet with the reamer until I get close.

Yeah, it makes for one mis-marked jet.

After I get it four stroking at WOT, Just measure the reamer with callipers and buy a small range of jets below that.

This is really perfect if your clone carb came with a mystery jet in it to begin with.

They also have a fancy set from 0.6 - 1.4mm for 6x the price.

If you do it right (maybe restrict the intake a bit to force a rich condition) step up the jet until it four strokes and then remove the restriction.

$6, one jet, perfect tune.

Am I missing anything. should we be doing it this way instead of amassing dozens of wrong jets to get one right one?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account