Peugeot 103 VIN

Kyle Hoskins /

Does anyone know if and where Peugeot stamped the VIN numbers onto the bike? The VIN plates that were up near the handles is missing and I cannot find the stamped vin if there was one. Maybe it was painted over? Would anyone know where it is stamped? Thanks

Re: Peugeot 103 VIN

Theres normally matching numbers stamped into the head of the engine. But if you do many modifications you'll probably end up with a new head and a new number. I'm on my third head in 6 months because I'm stoopid.

My VIN is 666420 according to the DMV, so don't steal my number.

Kyle Hoskins /

Thanks that helps out a lot. So it is just the 6 digit number usually on the engine head then? I just haven't found the original stamp on the body and don't know where it'd be. (edited)

Yeah, unless the heads been changed they should match up as the original VIN. Normally there's a metal plate riveted to forks with the Model, year of manufacture, VIN, ect... but often they're missing or in my case the VIN is the one number thats illegible from wear and tear over time.

Benjamin Guillaume /

Love this bike

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account