Got a cheap ktm Foxi... want to make rally ped

Pablo Puchasso /
9CEBDF38-C2D6-430B-A0D3-4B898994E73B.jpeg

So got a KTM foxi for cheap and thought it might be a fun project to try to make it as good a rally ped as possible. I mean it does have a handle...

I know a mini ped might be better but if I can:

1. Make a drain at the bottom to completely drain it

2. Make the engine release as easily as possible (and make it an e50)

Then I think I could fly with it to rallies as a bike. I know I’ve done rolling frames before, but those did have removable tanks...

Tl;dr help me make this a rally ped

Re: Got a cheap ktm Foxi... want to make rally ped

Jeremy Homser /

I think if you are making a travel ped you should get a different bike. A honda express or a qt50 would be better suited. That ktm has a large frame with an integrated tank. It will be alot of work to get it to be any sort of compact.

Pablo Puchasso /

>

> I know a mini ped might be better

Those bikes you mention are smaller but do not look like bicycles at all. I’m hoping to make this one look like a bike enough to fly in a bike box

Edit to add: I did this with a rigid freespirit once so that might be the way to go. (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Airports run combustable tests on all packages, one trace of petroleum distillate and you're cooked.

Honestly easier just to get a loaner wherever you go.

Jeremy Homser /

I have a pinto with a rebuilt e50 i would trade you for that foxi. Its got 5 stars and a clean tank

/\ best offer right there.

I was gonna say, pinto would be perfect, if you take all the crap off them they are super light and minimal

Dave Thacker /

WIth a pinto, you could ship the tank to a local friend and not even risk taking it on the aircraft. In fact, a box for tank and engine by freight, rest of it in luggage. ??

Terbo Speghetti /

Removable tank shipped ahead of time seems like the only way to make this work without putting an airport on lockdown or something

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account