Got a cheap ktm Foxi... want to make rally ped

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /
9CEBDF38-C2D6-430B-A0D3-4B898994E73B.jpeg

So got a KTM foxi for cheap and thought it might be a fun project to try to make it as good a rally ped as possible. I mean it does have a handle...

I know a mini ped might be better but if I can:

1. Make a drain at the bottom to completely drain it

2. Make the engine release as easily as possible (and make it an e50)

Then I think I could fly with it to rallies as a bike. I know I’ve done rolling frames before, but those did have removable tanks...

Tl;dr help me make this a rally ped

Re: Got a cheap ktm Foxi... want to make rally ped

Jeremy Homser /

I think if you are making a travel ped you should get a different bike. A honda express or a qt50 would be better suited. That ktm has a large frame with an integrated tank. It will be alot of work to get it to be any sort of compact.

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

>

> I know a mini ped might be better

Those bikes you mention are smaller but do not look like bicycles at all. I’m hoping to make this one look like a bike enough to fly in a bike box

Edit to add: I did this with a rigid freespirit once so that might be the way to go. (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Airports run combustable tests on all packages, one trace of petroleum distillate and you're cooked.

Honestly easier just to get a loaner wherever you go.

Jeremy Homser /

I have a pinto with a rebuilt e50 i would trade you for that foxi. Its got 5 stars and a clean tank

/\ best offer right there.

I was gonna say, pinto would be perfect, if you take all the crap off them they are super light and minimal

Dave Thacker /

WIth a pinto, you could ship the tank to a local friend and not even risk taking it on the aircraft. In fact, a box for tank and engine by freight, rest of it in luggage. ??

Terbo Speghetti /

Removable tank shipped ahead of time seems like the only way to make this work without putting an airport on lockdown or something

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account