Tomos moby 🥰 Tomos chopper & custom motobecane Tomos engine

J Dubbs /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

This bike turned out super rad...

I have the puch mlm BK100 exhaust pipe if a 19 mm phbg carburetor and also the 80cc big Port metrakit......

I love building bikes like these...

All my builds are bolt together no welding...I'm very proud of these builds... The chopper is my grocery getter and that tomos has the Puch 74 CC Gila kit with a 24 mm flat side carburetor and v Force reeds with the mlm g-104 pipe... The problem with that 24mm flatslide carburetor is the needle is too small and skinny and the slide doesn't have a big enough cut away in it... It really makes it hard for tuning...So I filed the slide about 5mm and I was filing down my needle from a bigger carburetor and I filed it down too far so I had to order another one.... The g-104 pipe has a power band the kicks in late and I can't seem to get into the powerband but when I do the bike is actually hard to steer... The rear end is very heavy and with the front being so light and hitting these bumps in the cul-de-sac it gets going so fast that I wined out first gear as far as I can go and I can feel that powerband beginning to hit, but by that time I have to switch into second by blipping the throttle... That Tomos chopper is my favorite bike ever...I have the side covers but there not on in the photo...

The problem with the mobys is that seat... It drives me crazy but I fixed it for good now... Still uncomfortable but I have other choices of seats and I'm still working on it....I just wanted to share some pictures and wish everyone a happy and safe Fourth of July...

#customtomoschoppermotobecamemopedbuildpuchgilametrakit

IMG_20200702_200231.jpg
IMG_20200701_010159.jpg
IMG_20200702_200216.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account