new member and new to me moped

michael szanto /

Good evening, i'm Mike and i just acquired a Rizzato Califfo De Luxe on monday, freed the piston, there is a good strong spark and the lights work after a serious bit of hand cranking, but i am struggling to find out which engine it is, all my searches point to it being a Rizzato 119 but not sure, hopefully will be able find out for definate and then can start looking for some spares, thanks, Mike.

Re: new member and new to me moped

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

Does the engine have an egg shaped bottom or square?

michael szanto /

egg shaped

michael szanto /

michael szanto /

Overpriced Parts /

You’re not a member your a rider it’s a complete difference! a member has a icon next to their handle name and they belong to a moped gang,

Welcome Just Search this site on all forums and posts pretty much on on everything but off-topic and it will help You with your bike!

Pushrod Fifty /

Very cool bike, that's great that you got it running.

I don't think it runs yet, lights work with hand cranking. Any motor that I've had locked up, u have to atleast take the top end off.

michael szanto /

No it's not running yet but it will, needs a new spark plug and the fuel tank needs cleaning, i have ordered a portable tank and new plugs, just need to try and source some gaskets, the cyclinder has a raised bit that the head fits into so i think that should be okay, but i need a new exhaust gasket and one for the carburettor, otherwise everything else looks fine, i haven't taken a look at the clutch side of things yet but as it seems to work fine i will more than likely just do an oil change for now, while i am waiting for engine bits, i have started to clean up the front wheel i'm hoping it will clean up enough otherwise i will have to get a replacement rim luckily the spokes are in great condition and just need a clean, cheers,Mike.

Awww Ken, we are just riders as well as being "gang" members.

At least Ken is trying to keep the new guy away from Don Ohio in Off Topic right from the get go.

Pushrod Fifty /

Yea dealing with stuck rings and gummy carbs is enough to keep your mind off of the rants on OT.

michael szanto /

First start and run,

^ Awesome, love it when something disused for so long comes back to life, a testament to how well things used to be made! :) Keep us posted!

Nice , Give iT some gas !

Pushrod Fifty /

Sweet, that's going to be an awesome moped. I love the old Italian stuff.

michael szanto /

Hi everyone information update, over the weekend i discovered it is actually a Motorino Atala Rizzato and as far as i can tell dated at 1967, just waiting on a delivery for some new rubber for it, in the meantime just cleaning the wheels, cheers.

michael szanto /

Bit more cleaning and polishing to do on the front wheel, but for now the new rubber is on and bearings have been greased and is now back on the moped,cheers,

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account