First time puch purchase?

Nicholas Minutillo /

Good afternoon!

I'm currently looking around the market for a Puch Moped. I never owned one, but I rode my friends Maxi that he had about 15 years back and loved it!

I was just curious what the Puch Maxis usually go for price wise in NY?

also, I'm currently looking at a 78 Maxi that seems to be in good condition for $1200. All the electric works as well. The seller claims they changed the cylinder head so now its a 70cc, and does about 40MPH. Is this common in the maxi world? any information is appreciated.

Thank you!

-nick (edited)

Re: First time puch purchase?

Yeah, that seems really steep to me for a molested moped. You would be so much better off with a stock one, and modify it yourself so you know it’s right. I don’t trust other people’s work. IMO $1200 is too much for any moped. I don’t know your market, but I haven’t paid over$500 for a perfectly running moped. I own 17 of them.

Probably Fred /

Though I have had good luck building up bikes Most don’t so Get a stock unmolested one because people can’t build correctly because it’s not just a matter of just slapping a 70 cc cylinder on it,

You got to a blueprint and tune the whole bike including the ignition, clutch, trans, gearing, carburetor lighting, tires etc. everything has to be blueprinted/tuned,

Nicholas Minutillo /

wow, I had no idea the Maxis only went for like 500. is that in good condition? This person happens to be only like 10 min from me, so thought it was a good find. Is there a way to test the legitimacy of it? Or can it just crap out in a few months =X.

thanks ,

-nick

Nicholas Minutillo /

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Though I have had good luck building up bikes Most don’t so Get a stock

> unmolested one because people can’t build correctly because it’s not

> just a matter of just slapping a 70 cc cylinder on it,

>

> You got to a blueprint and tune the whole bike including the ignition,

> clutch, trans, gearing, carburetor lighting, tires etc. everything has

> to be blueprinted/tuned,

ahh, never thought of that. so basically the timing can be completely off if it wasn't done correctly, then it can go BOOM? lol . Didn't even think of that

roy jongejan /

1200 would be alright if it was all original, near mint condition, and low milage

F68B032A-AE77-40B5-A2C3-A00770BB33C9.jpeg

For that kind of money, I might consider selling Kim’s all original brown Maxi Luxe. It has over 6k miles, but I completely rebuilt the motor at around 3500 miles. Runs and looks beautiful. I’ll think about it. (edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account