Party cdi

Sorry I searched for an answer but I can't find one. Red or Blue permatex threadlocker for reassembly?

Re: Party cdi

I just pre tightened all the screws with a proper fitting screwdriver and went with it

If you start putting threadlock on m5 screws going into aluminum you might hate life later when you need to get that weak Chinese screw out.

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I just pre tightened all the screws with a proper fitting screwdriver

> and went with it

>

> If you start putting threadlock on m5 screws going into aluminum you

> might hate life later when you need to get that weak Chinese screw out.

No might about it .

No thread locker need .

Maybe some locker, I noticed a weird rattling around about a week after I installed my CDI and found that one of them had backed out and was a couple rotations from destroying a coil.

Put one drop of blue thread locker and it holds it in place but let's go when you want it to.

You only need to heat the screw up to remove it, you can use an electric heat gun or a soldering iron or fire if you can control it and not melt your stator

Loctite releases at 500f, but it gets "weaker" before that.

I would use blue, but red would work in a pinch.

Thanks guy's your help and knowledge are greatly appreciated.

When needed , auto touchup paint works great as thread locker .

I would not use any on the bolts holding your stator plate. Just make sure they are nice and hand tight. The nut for the magneto you could use some locker on. I would wait until you get yourself 100% dialed in before permanently putting on your flywheel nut. I have seen in touched original bikes that had a red thread lock put on from factory. But you would be fine with blue and would be easier to remove as needed.

I do not typically use either, but have both on hand in case I feel the need.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account