E50 quad build

Oh boy, why am I doing this? Oh yeah! Cause fun! I got this crusty lil quad sitting out in front of a house after some folks moved out and left behind a bunch of trash. Well you know how it goes, one persons shitty clone quad is another persons donor for an E50 swap. Classic. Anyway, here's a few pics of it before, stripped and ready for some hacking:

1592442387337.jpeg
1592442403364.jpeg
Screenshot_20200624-000546.png

Re: E50 quad build

It wasn't too far off from the original mounts to fit the E50, just a little narrowing and relocating of the bottom engine bracket. I guess it was kind of some work to get an angle grinder inside of this weird frame and cut out the old mount to narrow/remount it, but its solid now! Ok the last picture is a look at how dumb this thing is getting... I say Grave, you say...?

IMG_20200619_144345.jpg
IMG_20200619_210256.jpg
IMG_20200620_223004.jpg

Digger!

dang, nice! I was thinking this was one of those honda puch 4 wheelers, there were some that were like that size mini 4 wheeler with an oddball version of the Hero e50's

but this was just the cubclone 50 originally?

Yeah man I was inspired by one I rode in a dirt lot, the "Wheelie." Super fun, but it didn't have good suspension at all and would easily flip doing donuts haha. But yeah this is just a clone of Honda horizontal engines, made by Roketa. A tad bigger than the Hero one, but still made for kids, it's gonna be a blast...

I has the weirdo e50 engine for the wheelie... 2 of them. One with the electric start motor still. I am over them. Let me know if you want something like that... one had a new hero 65cc kit. I have another 65cc kit that was poorly cast and an iffy piston. I also have a stock cyl and a couple heads... just sayin.....

Cool build. Way better suspension than the wheelie I had. Closer to the avanti quad for sure.

Nice you have a cosmo cub too

Dirty30 Dillon /

I passed on buying a e-start 65cc dual-variated vespa moped motor-powered quad like 7 years ago and it's my biggest moped regret ever.

Damn yeah those vespa motored quads are rad and elusive!

we have one of the puch motor quads in our shop, (which the shop itself we affectionately refer to as "the quad" - it's a 4 bay garage)

currently no spark, having trouble making replacement ignition work but maybe it's a directional issue.

This is excellent Moped content.

Made some progress, the original sprocket was a larger chain size so I found a Sachs rear that (kind of) works out. Just had to drill the four holes out a lil bit and now it bolts right up to the sprocket carrier! Chain alignment looks great, thumb throttle dialed, even got the key ignition wired up and two keys, coooool... It's basically ready to fire up and test at this point, tomorrow I'll make a pipe for it.

IMG_20200701_181455.jpg

Sick articulation

IMG_20200701_215121.jpg

Made me think of this:

46BAD8FB-3807-4041-92F5-CCB90D225710.jpeg

Holy shit, wonder if the dimensions are similar?

You could drop that body right on top

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Holy shit, wonder if the dimensions are similar?

>

> You could drop that body right on top

That body would totally fit on that quad! Of course with modification and mounting figured out. But I bet it would be real close off the bat.

Dirty30 Dillon /

My nephew has that Gravedigger. It's larger than the quad, for sure, but a body transplant could work

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> we have one of the puch motor quads in our shop, (which the shop itself

> we affectionately refer to as "the quad" - it's a 4 bay garage)

>

> currently no spark, having trouble making replacement ignition work but

> maybe it's a directional issue.

You’re gonna have to ask will c about what he did to make a hero cdi work on it. Like maybe he used the za50 box or flipped the coil or something like that to make it work with the inverted flywheel.

campeona del mundo /

oh man, yeah mine didnt have spark and i used a treats cdi stator plate, flipped the pickup location and i think used a za50 cdi box. i basically just tried every combination of cdi box, ignition coil direction and pickup location until the timing was correct lol

> campeona del mundo Wrote:

> oh man, yeah mine didnt have spark and i used a treats cdi stator plate,

> flipped the pickup location and i think used a za50 cdi box. i basically

> just tried every combination of cdi box, ignition coil direction and

> pickup location until the timing was correct lol

Sounds like it would have been a lot easier to build a new flywheel . ;)

Can’t get a flywheel as the stator plate bolts onto the side cover and the magneto is on the crank facing out.

Pipe making time, used this old weird pipe from a Morini dirtbike, which was already modified. Took a sec to figure out angles but I'm happy with the results.

Long story short:

Ok this thing is sketchy, wow so fun... Went on a beverage run for first ride, brake caliper fell off and I met Mr. Bush on the way back, what a guy.

IMG_20200702_195223.jpg
IMG_20200702_222045.jpg
IMG_20200702_234340.jpg

Haha tiny machines are fun. I loved my magnum x but sold it after I had way to much pbr and crashed it pretty hard.

Jeremy Homser /

Great work Sean! That thing is awesome

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account