Motobecane 50V: Kickstart and pedals?

Hi

I just installed a water-cooled MBK 51 Magnum Racing engine on a Motobecane 50V. I want to add a MBK kick-starter, however I don't know if the kick-starter would clear the pedals on a Motobecane 50v. I have to keep the pedals.

Does anyone know if a MBK kick-starter would work with pedals on a Motobecane 50V?

Thanks

Re: Motobecane 50V: Kickstart and pedals?

I would suggest you research the problems with the MBK kicker before you make your decision...

I decided to go with the kick-start. I did read that the glass-filled nylon housing sometimes breaks, especially with high-comp or large kits. I will keep the MBK magnum racing engine original, so I should have a relatively low risk of breakage. Plus, Treats had a great deal on a MBK kick-start unit.

In terms of fitment, it didn't clear the pedal arms straight out of the box. Thankfully, the Kingdom of Treatland had a super nice quality MLM stainless steel pedal shaft extender. That made it fit perfect. I couldn't have made it fit without Treats/MLM. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with how it worked out.

Hey , If you're happy , we're happy . :D

Glad it came together . Post some pics of the finished happy maker . ;)

Here's the happy maker in question:

_DSC5905.JPG
_DSC5907.JPG

It's almost there. It runs great and just needs a few things such as the radiator, front fender, and tail light. I have most of the pieces. It's coming along well.

_DSC5921.JPG

Very cool, I like the chrome side covers, if you just told me about them I would have not thought I would, but looks great. What pipe is that?

Agreed . Looking good .

But , how you gonna clean the grass stains off that exhaust ? JK .

Nice clean build . ;)

Thanks.

MLM did a great job on these side panels. The finish is amazing and gauge of the stainless steel is crazy thick. I wish they'd also make tank covers and tool box covers.

The pipe is the stock one for the MBK magnum racing. Treats has them: https://www.treatland.tv/original-motobecane-black-performance-pipe-p/original-mbk-black-pipe.htm

Tool box covers will polish up very nice with some blue magic polish and patience. I like the look of the pipe, wish I still had my 50v....

054.jpg

^ Beautiful bike.

Matching leg shields always make a Moby look better.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account