Puch maxiluxe/maxi sport build

Ya after my dad gave away a lot of frames and parts my car took a crap on me so I decided to build a bike between the Part rebuild of my car,

Any I wanted to start a build of One of the best Moped brands in the world as far as quality! Considering my first moped ride at age 11 was a Polini Maxluxe that went almost 60Mph!

With the date code on the Vin it’s probably a maxiluxe but Now it’s becoming a maxi sport because of Maxi sport is a stronger Maxi Luxe build considering the seat is connected to the frame as well as the front fender is like a magnum Fender, strength wise!

With the date code on the Vin it’s probably a maxiluxe but when the frame was outside for years it could’ve been a maxi sport but now it’s becoming a maxi sport mkII because of Max sport mkI is a stronger then a maxiluxe it will be but with the 86 za50 2 speed with a mild kit,

And that is what is going to be the holding point of the build is my boomer dad making sure the Za50 is perfecto because when it comes to them 2 speeds he’s anal

My dad though he’s a boomer he’s more progressive then most as well as a rock& roller more than you’ll ever know, and he could blow away almost anybody on a two cycle/two-stroke bike from their early 70s until they were banned by epa and a hell of a bass player!

This frame was under our back steps for more years than I was probably even born,

AC1D83C6-EE17-4530-A892-49231488E899.jpeg

A few hours and 10 bucks at the Local car wash Frame cleaned up most and the inside of the tank is beautiful also,

Low mileage mag wheels except for 35 year old tires that are going to be needing to be changed

AC1D83C6-EE17-4530-A892-49231488E899.jpeg

More about the build when it becomes done Especially with my father being so super reliable and very rarely ever had to be towed or brought home 50+ miles away from our house,

A0767127-5AE1-4F7C-B98E-1A9828AD834E.jpeg
15D7BB04-DCA4-4474-837C-DD3601EDC2AE.jpeg

Re: Puch maxiluxe/maxi sport build

No offence, But I lost brain cells reading that post

Parts gathering, including lights, Bars, cables, Speedo. wiring harness, engine etc.

touched up paint on the rims and installed new tires and tubes, Installed correct fork insides to accept sport chrome fender,

installed 2 speed pedal shaft And NOS seat

E79F5FD6-42E5-43ED-840F-CDA49DAE7A05.jpeg
E79F5FD6-42E5-43ED-840F-CDA49DAE7A05.jpeg
CB7A4B92-48FF-4CA3-BD27-AAA9AC997460.jpeg
4FDCB97A-9AC7-47A9-AB17-035664C51DB8.jpeg

Those magnums are steezy as fuck tho

That looks like a Ken Roff stash of Magnums, are you a Roffschild?

Overpriced Parts /

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That looks like a Ken Roff stash of Magnums, are you a Roffschild? (edited)

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> That looks like a Ken Roff stash of Magnums, are you a Roffschild?

Yeah probably be here till this virus thing is over and I’m supposed to use my own account now

You have too many Magnums, you have to give one to me.

> Bunta Bob Wrote:

> > Ryan Graeme Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > That looks like a Ken Roff stash of Magnums, are you a Roffschild?

>

> Yeah probably be here till this virus thing is over and I’m supposed to

> use my own account now

I have to wonder just how anyone can think this 'virus thing' will be over before death ?

It has changed life as we know it , forever .

Remember September 11 , 2001 .

C-19 is much more diabolical .

Everything changes , always .

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> You have too many Magnums, you have to give one to me.

They’re not mine they're my dads

Wheels, fender and rear light are on. Changed the rear sprocket too.

Was told I could could plunder the used parts bins and a new 35 tooth rear sprocket was in one. Never changed a sprocket on this 10 spoke type mag wheel only a flake wheel that has only 4 sprocket bolts and all of a sudden all these square nuts started coming out from everywhere from hub when removing the old sprocket bolts. Holding them to restart them was a bitch and it took pretty long time to change the sprocket

F25F9AFF-89FF-4A6E-9A2B-1B6948F04F73.jpeg

Dads dumb hundred year old Puch manual Shows nothing about the wiring because wiring goes by magneto number. What do I know what magneto is going to be on the engine. It’s going to be a za50 of some year But who knows he’s got a pick one out of the pile and go through it first.

E7199C1A-B606-453D-A9D6-962404FD3E82.jpeg

I wanted a easy e50 but he said no to the “entry level” engine and we don’t have any rebuilt ones laying around anyway. This E50 case on it now is what we use for a kickstand. There’s no coil mount on frame for a 2 speed MKII coil and the only harness I have is for a MKII so I guess that’s a another project for dad who didn’t wanna be bothered with this thing to begin with.

Barrack Obama /

You shall refer to him as “The Roff-father” and nothing else. Who needs a wiring harness just hardwire it and ride it (edited)

Stock wiring is very simple like my dad said it goes right in the place, Brake light switches light switches, horn. headlight, rear lights will all lineup.

But you need to have the handlebars and the controls on the handlebars something like this on first

3A04695D-D0AE-4927-AF07-4B4698EAF54B.jpeg

The handlebars were another story. Some dummy stripped out or drilled out all the holes on the triple tree fork plate so the handle bar counter sunk Allen screws wouldn’t hold the Bar clamps. So I had to drill it out a little bit more and dig to find longer bolts washers and nuts from several coffee cans get the bars to clamp good which took way too long.

6B0015EC-734C-4BFB-B838-4142FD7D6A29.jpeg

Yeah and the wiring goes into a wiring connector like this

D0DCAA46-E434-4EB3-A2B7-26D2604936BD.jpeg

and then in goes from the wires from the coils from the engine. it’s pretty simple but I’m gonna need to dig for a better connector or clean this one real good.

The plastic switches should all be replaced. we do have new plastic NOS ones that needs soldering. yuck I’m not very good at that. but then all the switch bases are all cracked and broken and this was supposed to be a build with no ordering of parts or no help except for engine and tuning. Maybe I could glue some bases back together.

Moped stuff is more work than it seems it should be but I’ll be doing a little bit here and there and will get done.

Nice job so far on the bike. Just keep at it, take your time and remember the goal at the end (a complete bike). Wrenching is half the fun of mopeding. I enjoy wrenching on my mopeds as much as I do riding them

Dad says it’s going to be is za50 Engine and we’re going to try out several to see how the-bearings sound!

98DAC255-CD49-4EE7-AD70-4918810DC67F.jpeg

He don’t know yet but I’m going skank His low mi 49 mph, 14mm binng carb? His 45mm dmp kit. with his custom hand milled head and mild pipe that was on a build that somebody wanted to make slow stock After it scared the crap out of them when he took it for a test drive and then a month later they wanted they wanted to put it back on and didn’t want to pay extra for it, He told him to pound salt wanted $150 more.

Don’t say anything to him because he just got his face in the one air conditioner we got And it’s hot and humid outside!

It’s so hard to believe that my father went through 200 or so to cycle two-stroke bikes and go I got to ride some of them.

I never got to build some of them from nothing but it’s kind of cool but yet kind of sucks Because I like tuner cars And my father says tuner cars will never have the life of normally aspirated V8 car Vintage Waze!

So hang on, are you actually Ken Roffs son?

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> So hang on, are you actually Ken Roffs son?

Duh do you ever watch YouTube drift400 ? That’s not dad. My dad is a box of rocks when it comes to computer shit. Well not a box of rocks but maybe a half a box of rocks but lifetime he could survive in the woods Living off the land and blow me and all young Internet basement dwellers phone in face people away!

> Bunta Bob Wrote:

> > Ryan Graeme Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > So hang on, are you actually Ken Roffs son?

>

> Duh do you ever watch YouTube drift400 ? That’s not dad. My dad is a box

> of rocks when it comes to computer shit. Well not a box of rocks but

> maybe a half a box of rocks but lifetime he could survive in the woods

> Living off the land and blow me and all young Internet basement dwellers

> phone in face people away!

https://m.youtube.com/user/drift400/videos

This is me not dad

You're are not making sense. I haven't watched the videos, but just checked your link and there are vids of the Mazda 323 like Ken has posted before. And you type like him too.

Overpriced Parts /

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> You're are not making sense. I haven't watched the videos, but just

> checked your link and there are vids of the Mazda 323 like Ken has

> posted before. And you type like him too.

Yep It’s legit, father and son Motörhead's but now with two separate accounts, son sold his bike for new turbo and other pricey car parts and I’m not giving him another complete bike, I’m making him build one from scratch which he never did before.

There used to be four of us riders, My older son is married has kids/gone, older sister married/gone my wife has some problems she can’t ride no more so it’s just the two of us So my son is gonna stay here for a while until this pandemic calms down,

All of us posted on this account before but now it’s going to be separate.

I don’t have a YouTube account, son took some old moped videos off of my old phone that don’t work no more but most Videos are his own, I have some old videos on other peoples YouTube channels Too,

Son not me In this video

I wish I was young and thin, I’m upper middle age and weigh 200lbs ha ha.

We Use same Devices at home that double spaces and auto corrects itself too and what little computers stuff I do, learned from him/he edits sometimes too so maybe that’s why typing looks the same

Did all I’m going to do for now, got car to work on. Most all controls, cables and everything on Working but not adjusted prefect

B79AC8B0-102A-42B6-BC06-497087E569BE.jpeg

Many NOS or very good condition parts were used but digging through 20 year old boxes and bins for best parts took longer then putting them on.

I had help with the harness and headlight because the wiring it Inside was a close fit and any corrosion from frame had to be removed for good grounds

A lot still needs to be done, both chains and Front sprocket. wiring harness and wire holder has to be connected to the engine wires and things. spark coil placement still not figured out yet.

Needs a speedo and holder found and put on. The engine Needs a test cylinder pipe and carb but can’t find any stock test cylinders with pistons yet, Engine to be run tested and gone through before a bore kit is put on. I had three Za bottoms to pick from. hope I picked a good one that don’t need a full rebuild. it had fluid in it and had 1,100 mi on it was told.

I wanted dad’s way testing bearings and crank by taking trans parts out and rope start without trans parts hearing for bearing and crank noises but he just said run it the way it is. then Clutch flip, shift discs replaced only no full rebuild. We may use bike to test the other za engines to see how they sound after we find matching stock test cylinder and piston but it’s a pain on puch because the kickstand is part of the engine.

80F01F4B-BD67-49E1-9327-69C545F27CD6.jpeg

More stuff like flywill and light coils Removed checked out and other assorted things before mild kit, pipe and side covers go on then all tuned Up but at least the bike is starting to look like a nice bike considering it looked like this before

34E6173D-E501-4882-AEEA-FCE21D66083E.jpeg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account