Peugeot 103 - killing the engine

Hi fellow moped riders!

I have a Peugeot TSA which I am fixing up. It is now starting, running, and idling well. However the decompression lever didn't do anything - I think it's seized up at the decomp valve. So I removed the cable, thinking there is no need for it because it starts very easily without it. However now I realize I'm not sure how to kill the engine when I'm done riding. lol. I assume I would use the same lever to decompress, thus stopping the motor? My only option at the moment is to turn the idle down until it conks out. Do I need to put my cable back? Is there a way to fix the decomp? THANKS!!

Re: Peugeot 103 - killing the engine

Spark kill switch?

I don't think there's any kill switch on this bike

Then wire a Killswitch

Super easy

Ok that makes sense, thank you!

This works nicely and the handlebars are grounded so you need run only one wire.

Kill Button

Thanks Larry, I have ordered one.

Hard to believe there is no switch, is it like a Moby where it is the horn button, but you turn it to kill the spark? Pic of handlebar controls?

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hard to believe there is no switch, is it like a Moby where it is the

> horn button, but you turn it to kill the spark? Pic of handlebar

> controls?

The stock 103 came with normal moped killswitches.

This is the only switch. Red button is horn and then I assume left and right are signals.

D5BC42E8-BAD9-442D-B359-A50B9A4F3008.jpeg

roy jongejan /

that switch is more likely for your lights, high beam low beam and off, unless it does have signal lights then im totally wrong

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account