Peugeot 103 - killing the engine

Hi fellow moped riders!

I have a Peugeot TSA which I am fixing up. It is now starting, running, and idling well. However the decompression lever didn't do anything - I think it's seized up at the decomp valve. So I removed the cable, thinking there is no need for it because it starts very easily without it. However now I realize I'm not sure how to kill the engine when I'm done riding. lol. I assume I would use the same lever to decompress, thus stopping the motor? My only option at the moment is to turn the idle down until it conks out. Do I need to put my cable back? Is there a way to fix the decomp? THANKS!!

Re: Peugeot 103 - killing the engine

Wesley Ambrosini /

Spark kill switch?

I don't think there's any kill switch on this bike

Wesley Ambrosini /

Then wire a Killswitch

Super easy

Ok that makes sense, thank you!

This works nicely and the handlebars are grounded so you need run only one wire.

Kill Button

Thanks Larry, I have ordered one.

Hard to believe there is no switch, is it like a Moby where it is the horn button, but you turn it to kill the spark? Pic of handlebar controls?

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hard to believe there is no switch, is it like a Moby where it is the

> horn button, but you turn it to kill the spark? Pic of handlebar

> controls?

The stock 103 came with normal moped killswitches.

This is the only switch. Red button is horn and then I assume left and right are signals.

D5BC42E8-BAD9-442D-B359-A50B9A4F3008.jpeg

roy jongejan /

that switch is more likely for your lights, high beam low beam and off, unless it does have signal lights then im totally wrong

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account