I'm Glad I Took This QT Engine Apart

Bob Naske /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

My latest acquisition is becoming quite a comprehensive preservation/restoration. But that's OK. I'll know what I have when it's completed! When draining the transmission before transporting it, there was water in with the oil. The owner said the guy he got it from said it had been left outside for an unknown amount of time, probably several years. I pulled the head to check the cylinder condition before attempting to start it and WOW! , deeply scored piston and cylinder wall from seized rings. Well let's just do the whole engine. So while waiting for seals, bearings, gaskets, a new top end ( stock) and some miscellaneous stuff, I took apart and cleaned the speedo head, the cables ( broken accel and choke cable), rear signals, both brake assemblies, repacked rear pinion, polished the chrome, and tested all the bulbs.

DSCN0403.JPG
DSCN0400.JPG
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account