Moped cleaning methods?

Daniel San Giuliano /

@all my puch people, im waiting on a new piston for my e50, got some time to kill so i wanna clean up the moped somewhat. I started on the top end fins and all that, can i clean the cylinder too? just light soaps and cloths off course but want to make sure before i screw myself over

also want to clean the exhaust its super logged up with dirt and carbon, any ideas or methods?

And one last off topic question, im suspecting i might have spark issues on the e50 too, inside of the flywheel looks a little rusty crusty, how/is it possible to remove the flywheel without a puller while my cylinder is off, and is it possible to clean up the rust off my stator or is that its own issue entirely

Ill add an image to give an idea of the stator

IMG_9177.jpg
IMG_9175.jpg

Re: Moped cleaning methods?

Spend $10 on the puller and you don't have to worry about buying a $20 flywheel when you inevitably break it trying to get it off without the puller

Pushrod Fifty /

Pull it when your top end is on, its alot easier and you wont mess up your rod trying hold it. I just got my Puch flywheel puller in from Treats. What a jem. Cant wait to use it this weekend on my Campus 50.

Daniel San Giuliano /

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-bosch-flywheel-puller-p/puch-bosch-flywheel-puller.htm

if im running stock everything would this be the right size?

As long as your flywheel says bosch on it that's the right one

Dollar store oven cleaner for the pipe.

order a new set of points along with that puller, genuine bosch points, they are worth the extra $$

you can measure your threads as well to double check, calipers or use the open end of a wrench, 1" equals 25.4mm. id add a couple crank seals to the order.

Daniel San Giuliano /

yes i have seen the speed seal kit on treats what do they serve? and would i need a full rebuild to install them?

MICHAEL FRENCH /

As far as cleaning, I started with kerosene and ran out so just used diesel and a brush. Owner's manual for my grande says to use paraffin which is just kerosene

You guys must just like to work .

Get the job done quick and easy with S100 Total Motorcycle Cleaner .

Of course , if you don't want to spend your easy money , just power wash .

A couple bucks and things look a lot better . ;)

no groms no blasters /

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account