Anyone know the real year of this Moby

I was told it’s a 1960 from uk. Mobylette E.E.G. 16 kaptein I’ll attach pictures.

F00D208C-A288-447F-87E8-807189FF22E7.jpeg
82B270EF-0BFE-420F-AB1D-FCD7E1335022.jpeg
CC339E88-B4F9-4445-A429-92E5B2C0BE0B.jpeg

Re: Anyone know the real year of this Moby

Kaptein Mobylettes are from The Netherlands. Long long history of partnership between Willem Kaptein and the founders of Motobecane dating back to pre WW2.

If it were not for the prompting of Mr.Kaptein to have Motobecane focus on fabricating small lightweight cycles, there likely would not be any Mobys.

The engine badge serials for Kaptein were not from a shared list used by the principal factory in Pantin, so the best avenue would be to check the date stamp on the Gurtner carburetor.

Found this serial number if that helps narrow it down. Got is for $300 and it runs and drives great. Old school tires are pretty cool looking too.

5BAF2A9D-A3DB-40B4-ADC8-9B80BB10D392.jpeg

I went to look if the moped store was still there, but unfortunately there is now a "hearing aid" store at that location.

Screenshot_20200611_172859_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

I searched for the old Dynamax fabrication shop in St.Michel Quebec Canada, where they assembled knock down kit AV3 Motobecanes with some proprietary parts and rebadged as a DYNAMAX. They also imported knock down kitted Z23C 175cc cycles and rebadged them as DYNAFLASH.

The entire building is long gone because of a fire and now the address is a parking lot between a school and a apartment building...

Confirmed it is a AV46 from 1967 - most excellent score indeed - well done!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account