help!!

my motobecane moped will run great until it gets hot and then dies out of me. Any suggestions? (It Seems to me that it may not be getting spark when hot) thanks in advance!

Snapchat-1932596765.jpg

Re: help!!

Condenser is fried, read wiki for how to replace with an external mount one.

Is it possible to replace the original internal one? If so do you happen to know where I could find one?

I imagine it is, maybe treatland.tv or Doscycles, but the heat under the flywheel kills them.

You can find a condenser to fit an early 70s VW at most any decent auto parts store .

The lead is long enough for external mounting .

Bosch brand is best .

It'll look like :

This gonna be the summer of failed condensers?

I feel like I’ve seen this issue in every forum over the past few months several times now.

Never experienced the issue myself. Is this unusual or have I just had my head buried?

> Papa _ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> This gonna be the summer of failed condensers?

>

> I feel like I’ve seen this issue in every forum over the past few months

> several times now.

>

> Never experienced the issue myself. Is this unusual or have I just had

> my head buried?

Condenser failure/weakness is fairly common in small motors that all happen to be 40+ years old . We have to consider the fact that these motors were produced with marginal , at best , electrical systems . Just good enough to make the things run .

I think it's actually a marvel that they lasted this long . But , most have not been in use for likely most of that 40 or so year span . That should also tell you plenty . ;)

Pushrod Fifty /

I had one go bad on a Moby once, and I have had a few auto parts store ones that were crap. Now I only buy Standard GB150 new old stock xondensers on ebay made in USA. Just like the one in the pic wirh the long lead.

Can you post the link for it?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account