Gilera CBA "Trend"

Needs to be cleaned up, It did some sitting, but is ready to ride now.

Looking for some poly sport wheel covers, or I will switch back to the original white wheels soon. These had better tires and good brakes. (And I am lazy)

Swapped the pedal start frame for kickstart setup. Polini speed is cases (opened rotary pad inlet), 46mm pinasco, stock crank, 15mm sha, ridiculous pipe that has been on many bikes, mallossi vario, new fancy rear vario plates and bell. NOS forks and triple tree (totally unique to this bike, weird combination for the grande style frame with 16" wheels-neediest combo I have seen on a piaggio moped).

Has a few weird differences in the frame/tank compared to the standard Grande or CBA.

Neat goofy bike.

IMG_0458.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG

Re: Gilera CBA "Trend"

Dirty30 Dillon /

So cool. How do you like the Pinasco. Just finished mine up and it is VERY torquey with the SHA on it

I have had the Pinasco on two different motors (17.5mm phbg on the first, 15mm bing and now 15.15 sha on this one). Torquey and reliable, that's what I love about it.

I hear that some work to the exhaust port can open up some pretty respectable top speeds. Fast enough for me on a moped though, eats hills, great for stop and go.

Is this the new Pinasco?

What a perfect little moped, very cool man

Thanks.

I am still running the old Pinasco. If it ever dies I may try the new one, it looks slick.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Digging the wheel covers, anyone know what the original hardware looked like for the poly sport covers? I am using zip ties right now, need to be trimmed:)

Jeremy Homser /

They were just long skinny screws with lock nuts.

Thanks, I will grab something next time I am at a hardware store.

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

did these come with the euro style 10 pin or 12 pin? I would think that becuase they came before many of the other subframe models they would have the 10 pin

That motor I sent you is originally from this bike. Most post 1980 Vespa I have seen have been 10pin with needle bearing. I am sure there are many exceptions.

Motor that is on there now is a kickstart motor from a superbravo, all of the is Vespa mopeds with kickstart motors I have seen are 10pin.

that is REALLY cool

Oh shit! The covers make it look like it's from the future, in a retro kinda way.

I feel like the covers really pulled it together.

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

these have a square style seat right?

Does have a square seat post, but different size than a ciao.

Dirty30 Dillon /

The polisport covers DEFINITELY make this bike.

Great job Declan

Thanks, this has been my favorite moped to right most recently. Runs great, I like the goofy styling. Super glad it didn't sell awhile back.

It doesnt even look real. It looks like some crazy concept bike.

Is that ridiculous pipe twice as quiet with the double silencers ? ;)

Super quiet, highflow technology from proma.

> Declan g Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Super quiet, highflow technology from proma.

So , it's not as ridiculous as it might seem . ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account