Re: Ryan Chamberlin “Seattle mopeds”

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ugh why do people like this even bother with mopeds, it's like the worst

> scam

Because selling mopeds is the best way to get money for Monster Energy Drinks and Big Red Gum.

I got blocked by tomahack years ago, I don’t even know what kind of crazy he is on now. I think the last thing I saw was some tweaker ass shit that I said in a dm, you charge people for that? Instablocked.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> I got blocked by tomahack years ago, I don’t even know what kind of

> crazy he is on now. I think the last thing I saw was some tweaker ass

> shit that I said in a dm, you charge people for that? Instablocked.

So I checked in on his YouTube this morning, it was kind of astonishing. There's like catch phrases and ridiculous voices and stuff. pretty nuts

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> I got blocked by tomahack years ago, I don’t even know what kind of

> crazy he is on now. I think the last thing I saw was some tweaker ass

> shit that I said in a dm, you charge people for that? Instablocked.

I have no knowledge about the guy as a person, I've just always thought he builds cool looking and fast motobecanes. What's the issue with him?

He is a paranoid, arrogant-self-absorbed twat who actually doesn’t build his own engine, but has connections to old French racers who send him built engines that he then pretends like he did it. Basically advocating for that bolt on lifestyle.

Oh, that's lame.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> He is a paranoid, arrogant-self-absorbed twat who actually doesn’t build

> his own engine, but has connections to old French racers who send him

> built engines that he then pretends like he did it. Basically advocating

> for that bolt on lifestyle.

and also a cry baby. He left the apex wide open and Victor stuffed him and his boy in a corner and he threw a temper tantrum about how it was "dirty racing" or w/e non-sense.

I had stop referring new mopeders to a certain shop in town here because the hype did not live up to the actual work done. The hype sadly continues, but luckily I have two other good shops I can refer- Lee's and Specter

Oh yea I remember that, that was fun to watch him interact with real people. That was the year he gave m “the fastest bike in l.a.” to the dude who was the local hero of that track and then bragged about how he is the best on the internet. Meanwhile he acted like a little baby about it and blamed them getting passed on carb float settings, dirty racing, lap traffic blocking him intentionally (not a thing, I watched the whole race) and everything else. Like dude that’s racing, he still got 1st and second in the 2/3 classes and his cheater lc scooter kitted e50 that he built that barely got 1st with in the non variated class then said a little cheating is ok. He’s lame and I honestly don’t think much of him or his work at all. (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

If you aren't running catch cans on your valve stems, you're letting slippery air out all over the track.

DIRTY RACING

Since he had one of those side shooting 90* intakes on it every right turn his carb was overflowing out the mouth of it and dumping premix all over the track. That year they also let motorized bicycles race with the non variated an unlimited class bikes and multiple had consistent gas leaks like drip drip drip the entire race, not just at idle where it was more or less a steady stream out the overflow with no catch cans.

I take it the guy doesn’t frequent here often?

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Oh yea I remember that, that was fun to watch him interact with real

> people. That was the year he gave m “the fastest bike in l.a.” to the

> dude who was the local hero of that track and then bragged about how he

> is the best on the internet. Meanwhile he acted like a little baby about

> it and blamed them getting passed on carb float settings, dirty racing,

> lap traffic blocking him intentionally (not a thing, I watched the whole

> race) and everything else.

yeah dude, it was nuts, he fucked up and left the apex open and instead of taking it on the chin and letting Victor pass he refused to grab his brake and slammed into Victor. 100% his fault for being arrogant while being passed. All of that is fine btw, we all have our moments, but crying about it is wack.

Rare post on MA for me.

i'm over here in Portland doing my best to keep 3 mechanics gainfully employed during a pandemic.

I don't have a lot of time for this kind of stuff.

I've been proud from day-one that all of the Pacific Northwest's Moped and scooter shops have worked together to prop each other up. I've worked hard to encourage this trend. I regularly get drinks and have meetings with the owners of Vespa Portland. I LOVE the dudes at Magic Touch, and send customers there whenever it's logical.

I've spoke with this person's past employers and people who've dealt with this guy, since he started name dropping my business. Hopefully he'll get with the program and figure out how to join the rich, supportive small-moto community we've worked so hard to build in this region. (edited)

I know Christophe has sworn off moped army and refuses to even affiliate himself in events that have members in attendance.

Ryan on the other hand I think is on here, not a frequent poster, but I feel like I saw him a post on another thread a few weeks back

Christophe is a hack, strait up. Like he's a scam and a liar. But that first Tomahawk cup was such bullshit. He wrote the rules to the classes to be ultra specific to benefit his own personal bikes so that it excluded other people fast builds to give him a distinct advantage. That's underhanded and tips your hand of being insecure about your actual skills.

But lets get back to Ryan, still want to hear if anyone has heard of this dude before Seattle since he claims to be so famous.

His IG looks like he used to be a Shanks hangaround, maybe PM Sean and see whats up?

I've been on here about three years. I'll be the first to admit that I'm pretty naive about a lot of things and I had hoped that the people I deal with on MA are at least like minded regarding the hobby. I've been to three rallies, once in Toledo and twice in Pittsburgh. The people that I met in person were nice as pie, but not always the same on this website.

Four people stand out that I have met in person and had dealings with. Two are now good friends, they are honest about their abilities and deal fair. Another guy makes deals that favor him, and the last guy who has worked on two bikes that I have dealt with has not impressed me with ANY of his mechanical ability.

Is it safe to assume that 50 percent of the people on this website aren't as great as they think they are?

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> Is it safe to assume that 50 percent of the people on this website

> aren't as great as they think they are?

a significantly higher proportion than that.

If someone has "tuning secrets" they can't reveal, they're a fucking liar.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> > Trent Anderson Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Is it safe to assume that 50 percent of the people on this website

>

> > aren't as great as they think they are?

>

> a significantly higher proportion than that.

>

> If someone has "tuning secrets" they can't reveal, they're a fucking

> liar.

Yeah, fuck that..i don't believe in "secrets"..as in, actively not helping people just so some people can be dick swingers so they can try and go slightly faster on a group ride.

Having a sleeper that's a "secret" so you can blast people with stock looking stuff is fun though.

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

>

> liar.

This. And from personal experience, you meet the best MA people at rallies, rides and events. They're generally not the keyboard warrior type.

Rumor mill says Ryan was asked to leave the Shanks and fired from Austin Mopeds...

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> > Trent Anderson Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Is it safe to assume that 50 percent of the people on this website

>

> > aren't as great as they think they are?

>

>

> liar.

There is not big dollars to be made in moped tuning, nor any real racing competition so at a minimum you're not in the spirit of mopeds. And a liar.

no groms no blasters /

he's also stealing the name "ryan" from other famous seattle dudes

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I knew some dude named Ryan and omg he was from Seattle. I think he was a barista and into kayaking not mopeds ....

Casper The Friendliest /

> no groms no blasters Wrote:

> he's also stealing the name "ryan" from other famous seattle dudes

Can you imagine the audacity of someone opening a business in a town and naming it "name of town" + "thing the do/sell/service"? Fuck this guy if he's a lame, but the idea that he stole the most generic name ever is a reason to be butt hurt is hilarious.

Also, lolololol wtf am I doing here?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

holy shit just posting because Zach posted for some reason

do you remember the Kinetic you made with foot throttle and foot brake? I loved that bike

HOLY CRAP ITS ZACH EVANS

West Seattle Ryan is the only Ryan, there can be only one!

The real deal " Seattle Mopeds " memorialized in the internet archives.

Seattle Mopeds web site circa 2006

Seattle Mopeds ebay store front

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account