BiTurbo and such

If I bought a BiTurbo exhaust, is there any other accessories I need to but to go with it, and help it perform better? Thanks.

Brendan Barrans

Re: BiTurbo and such

Reeperette /

Well, what kinda ped do you have ? Puch, Tomos ?

Helps to know these things, if yer asking accessories.

For a Tomos, I highly suggesting combining a sprocket upgrade with a BT pipe, and re-jetting the carb or even getting a larger one.

-R

Actually I have a 77 Foxi GT. I think it was built by Sachs, because the engine is a Sachs. I'm aware that I'll have to modify the pipe some to allow it to fit. Is there anything else I would need to do?

Reeperette /

I would ask someone who knows Sachs pretty well...me see, I am the Tomos guy, more or less, and not too good at Sachs.

Yo, Sachs people, speak it up!

-R

Well, a biturbo on a sachs- you beat me to it, and I'm really glad to see someone is doing it.

You may need to re-jet, but I don't know how much. This is experimental territory, so whatever you do, tell us. I think most people with a sachs will want to know how it turns out.

Check your progress with plug chops, and don't let it seize up. Good Luck.

Brendan Barrans /

Thanks so far. What exactly is re-jetting the carb? I don't have the BiTurbo just yet, but it'll be on it's way pretty soon. Thanks!

Brendan Barrans

Jets basic

Well, first you need to read up- do a search on this forum and look for information on jets.

The jet on a carb is the passageway for the gas. It determines the rate of fuel flow and atomization of the fuel. Whenever you change something on a 2 cycle motor, you change the amount of fuel the motor wants and needs. If the engine needs more fuel, you put in a slightly bigger jet- less fuel a smaller jet.

You determine this by doing plug chops, which are described very well in Fred's guide, under resources.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account