Puch Maxi Luxe 1978

Jos Gijbels /

Hi, I am looking at buying a Puch Maxi luxe 1978. It is going for about 450/500 euro.

Is this a reasonable deal? I can't find another one in Ireland. There is a puch maxi N 1971 for around the same price. Which is a better deal or should I get both? They are both running and I have pictures of the Luxe.

Is it normal when riding and you stop for the engine to cut out or should it keep turning over?

New to mopeds.

Thanks

Re: Puch Maxi Luxe 1978

Get the 1978 Maxi Luxe. It's better than the N model in many ways. The earlier model has only a 5 wire stator whereas the 1978 model has a six wire stator which is more reliable. The price offered for the Maxi Luxe is very fair indeed

> Jos Gijbels Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Is it normal when riding and you stop for the engine to cut out or

> should it keep turning over?

If the engine doesn't idle at a stop then something is wrong

It is like the moped version of stop/start technology, except they only got one part right.

Jos Gijbels /

Thanks for the replies. I will have a look at it and test drive it again before I buy.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a moped registered in Ireland with no previous paper work but all the vin nmbers match?

There's not a lot of Irish people on this forum, but you can search for riders from Ireland here, maybe you could ask one of them.

Top 'O The Moped To Ya!

Michael McKinney /

VRT import as 'Historic Vehicle' in Ireland, if its older that 30 yrs you will only pay inspection fee. (€38) Simply register appointment at NCT center with completed VRTVPD2 form (https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/documents/vrt/form-vrtvpd2.pdf) Take along proof of purchase (Log book if poss) receipt when purchased.

Good luck..

What's the market like over there, Michael?

My friends down in Skerries and I ask him to keep an eye out for stuff but he says it mostly newer scoots

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account