No start, no spark

Pressing the handle on the left right bar mot the break but it doest let me turn the pandel like if im holding the break but im not. I know its suppost to turn the pandel while holding the clutch. Im also not getting any spark at all. Any help would be appreciated.

20200409_140339.jpg
20200409_191609.jpg

Re: No start, no spark

You won't have spark of the engine isn't spinning. Put the pedal up at the 11oclock position. Pull the starter clutch, and kick the engine over.

If it doesn't move your engine is seized.

Pushrod Fifty /

Turn on the spellcheck option on your device. Take the two screws off of the round cover and try to turn the flywheel by hand. Post back if it turns or not.

Sorry guys been having issues with my phone. Ok im going to try everything and get back to you.

Ok guys so I went ahead and checked on everything and you are right. It seems they gave me this moped seized. I'm not sure whats my next type at this point, if you can please guide me so I can start fixing it.

There is a good tutorial for rebuilding e50’s in the Wiki. You’re lucky, you have the simplest engine ever made. You’ll likely need cylinder kit, crank, bearings and seals. Treats has complete packages.

OK ill look in to that today. Someone gave me this moped so I'm new to all this. This hasn't been used in so long so i'm thinking its soft seized. It doesnt have no oil or gas in it at this point so I was going of maybe soaking the piston. Let me know what ya think thank you.

> Alex DjFlaco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> soaking the piston.

Worth a shot .

I have a autozone by me any ideas on what i should buy and soak it in? Here is a few pics i took. I can tell its been a while since last used

20200410_122002.jpg
20200410_121945.jpg

remove the carburetor and exhaust so you can remove the cylinder. PB Blaster is a good spray-on oil for freeing stuck parts, might help to spray some and let it seep in for awhile

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> remove the carburetor and exhaust so you can remove the cylinder. PB

> Blaster is a good spray-on oil for freeing stuck parts, might help to

> spray some and let it seep in for awhile

Thank you i will do this and see what happens.

Definitely not a soft seize. Start looking into ordering parts for a full rebuild and potentially new top end.

> ugp * Wrote:

> Definitely not a soft seize. Start looking into ordering parts for a

> full rebuild and potentially new top end.

Ok

If i can at least try and see if it starta for even at least 10sec then cool ill orser all the parts it needs. Just want to see if it could start or would before i spend money on it.

Treatland and Dos Cycles should have you covered for rebuild parts.

Dude look at that piston. it's not gonna start without some love. but more importantly remove the cylinder and inspect the crank.

Yea I'm going to order a new piston Mike. Well I guess the whole thing.just wanted to see if I can even get a spark after releasing the piston. (edited)

Overpriced Parts /

> Alex DjFlaco Wrote:

> Yea I'm going to order a new piston Mike. Well I guess the whole

> thing.just wanted to see if I can even get a spark after releasing the

> piston.

Don’t just order a piston, it to be matched to the cylinder #/or Just buy a cylinder kit, don’t just try to knock the piston down make sure you pull the cylinder a few inches up so not to bend the crank,

There’s a good chance that the crank and crankcase looks just as bad as the cylinder so full engine rebuild may be in order so don’t order nothing until you take the whole thing apart

Listen to Boyd and ken. Give it some love and be patient you might save the top end. The cylinder actually looks good. your still in for a rebuild but a maxi is the ultimate 1st moped. (edited)

You wont know if the cylinder plating is shot until the piston is out and the cylinder is cleaned up. Used stock top ends are cheap though, so that's not a real issue. The condition of the crank will tell you whether you need to split the motor or not, but lets face it, if the piston is that corroded, the crank is probably rusty too. I'd tear the whole motor down, clean and inspect the parts and put the usable ones in a box, then order replacements for the rest.

Ok thank you everyone for your help. I do want to get this running or at least a hope. Tomorrow I'm going to take a better look and send u guys a pic. I'm also talking to a local person that fix this.

I'm planning on taking it apart today I'll send you guys some photos

So, with the condition that engine is in, you will never get spark, or get it to run at all, or even get it to turn over, until you do a full rebuild. Then it will have no choice but to run. But until then, no half-measures will do.

fuck thats a ugly looking piston

> josh n Wrote:

> fuck thats a ugly looking piston

Yea bro it do. I order a new kit. Quick question I don't know alot about this so it may be a stupid question sorry. Can I teh and blaster the crankshaft?

Yea I'm going to place a order today. I took some apart today heres a picture. The piston is stuck im trying to take it off.

pic1586797638702.jpg

Dirty30 Dillon /

That cylinder is toast.

1.PNG

It looks like you/PO were pretty heavy-handed in removing the cylinder with a screwdriver.

You are going to need a full top end replacement and bottom and rebuild.

Yea placing the order can u point me in the right direction. Not sure what part to order.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Alex DjFlaco Wrote:

> Yea placing the order can u point me in the right direction. Not sure

> what part to order.

treatland.tv or doscycles.com

Choose the puch top end you would like.

You’re gonna need a top end kit. This will kelp you choose one that’s right for you. Some of these may no longer be available, but most are.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_cylinder_kit_summary

You’re also going to need a crank, bearings and seals. And various other accouterments. Here’s instructions:

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Rebuild_a_Puch_E50_Engine

Have fun!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account