1979 honda pa50ll bogging

Hello moped army, Im having some trouble with my honda pa50ll. it runs great and idles perfectly but for some reason when i ride it the bike doesn't open up completely. I just cleaned the carb and before it wouldnt stay running unless the choke was on. Now that i fixed the idle and the bike purrs without the choke, the bike starts to bog at about 18-20 mph and wont exceed its maximum performance like it used to (35mph). when i start the bike up on the stand and rev the engine I can get the rpms revved up to the normal rev limiter but when i get it on its wheels and ride it its bogging and not exceeding more then 20 mph....?

Re: 1979 honda pa50ll bogging

maybe have another go at cleaning the carb ?

Check and see that rear variatior is clean and working properly.

You might have a look at the hobbit carb wiki. There are a lot of small passages that you can easily overlook. Check for intake air leaks too, it could be a lean bog you're experiencing.

Also might want to throw a fuel filter on it because it sucks taking the carb off every day.

Could also be that your exhaust is a bit clogged. Pop it off and have a look in the header.

These guys gave you some good advise ..just to add make sure your cable is pulling the carb all the way open...i just had same problem and it was the cable not set right

Just thought about and not sure if it will effect top speed but under the jet is a stand pipe with sevrtal holes in it ..there is 2 of the holes at the top that has to line up with 2 holes in the carb where you screw the jet in

It’s a brand new pipe on it

Also try removing the air filter drawer and see if you get better revs.

I'm leaning with Steven that the variator might have the grooves of death worn in

Whadda you mean brand new pipe? New STOCK pipe? If you put on an expansion chamber you need to up-jet.

I was running a proma and got rid of that and now have a simonini pipe on it. I never had to upjet with the proma?

> Rylan Vonesh Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I was running a proma and got rid of that and now have a simonini pipe

> on it. I never had to upjet with the proma?

Yeah you did, you just didn't know you did

Should be running at least an 80 or 82 main jet with a pipe on the stock cylinder. Run it long with the stock 78 and you WILL sieze. You are probably bogging from jetting etoo lean.

Pushrod Fifty /

Use speaker wire strands to clean the holes in the jets. Make sure the fliat needle seals and not flooding the carb.

He^ means FLOAT needle ... ;)

i agree with some of the jetting comments. i've found on those keihin carbs that if you're way too lean it just sort of "WUUUHHHHS" when you open it up.

upjet

> Joey P Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i agree with some of the jetting comments. i've found on those keihin

> carbs that if you're way too lean it just sort of "WUUUHHHHS" when you

> open it up.

>

> upjet

thank you for your advice. Im thinking about upjetting but idk if that would fix the issue because my bike rips and opens up completely when its on its stand, but when i go put pressure on the wheel and ride it it looses its capability to "open Up' all the way?

It takes a lot more power to operate under load

A lean 2 stroke will race under no load and feel gutless when loaded.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account