Re: Storage and racks.

Thanks Pops!

After having two spinal fusion surgeries, a knee replacement and most recently, a shoulder replacement, all in the last two years, it’s a no brainer which vehicle I need to go to when a moped just won’t do. It’s a miracle I can still ride any motorized two wheeler. I make no apologies for riding and enjoying my scooters. (edited)

I use my towny or garelli or 4 wheeler for down the road or around the neighborhood here at the river. I jump on the vino or honda shadow to run in to town which is about 20 miles or we do have a dollar general about 10 miles away. I am using them more now for the longer trips and leaving.the pickup in the garage....

> Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Don over here telling tall tales.

>

> We have all owned stock bikes, and I can firmly say that none of the 40+

> stock bikes I have owned has EVER gotten 100 mpg. 70-80 is about tops

> and the minute any performance component gets on there it drops.

>

> I would take a Vino over a Streetmate or Sebring anyday.

Just shows Dillon knows nothing. A stock M1 Sebring gets NEAR 150 mpg without even trying. My 418 mile lake Erie trip with a 70cc kitted MO2 took only 4 gallons of gas. You must be very abusive or can't set up an engine to carb to get less than 100 mpg on a stock bike.

Walter Muma on an 11,000 mi. trip with a new MBK averaged nearly 200 mpg in 1978.

^ As usual, you are delusional. Quit playing with a dead account, get some help with the MPD and put the phone down and get a job. Annoying everyone is NOT a job description. Just stay out of here if you feel the need to antagonize. I owned the same kind of bike as that Muma dude, and averaged about 80 mpg...as mentioned above you are in the wrong area to spread BS, and it's not funny. Grow up, or gtfo.

Just for Bas, Fuck off.

> Moped Lar wrote:

> Thanks Pops!

>

> After having two spinal fusion surgeries, a knee replacement and most

> recently, a shoulder replacement, all in the last two years, it’s a no

> brainer which vehicle I need to go to when a moped just won’t do. It’s a

> miracle I can still ride any motorized two wheeler. I make no apologies

> for riding and enjoying my scooters.

Nor should you, I have put far more miles on my scooter this year than my Honda...comfort and speed is where it's at.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Don Ohio wrote:

> > Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Don over here telling tall tales.

>

> >

>

> > We have all owned stock bikes, and I can firmly say that none of the

> 40+

>

> > stock bikes I have owned has EVER gotten 100 mpg. 70-80 is about tops

>

> > and the minute any performance component gets on there it drops.

>

> >

>

> > I would take a Vino over a Streetmate or Sebring anyday.

>

> Just shows Dillon knows nothing. A stock M1 Sebring gets NEAR 150 mpg

> without even trying. My 418 mile lake Erie trip with a 70cc kitted MO2

> took only 4 gallons of gas. You must be very abusive or can't set up an

> engine to carb to get less than 100 mpg on a stock bike.

>

> Walter Muma on an 11,000 mi. trip with a new MBK averaged nearly 200

> 00 mpg in 1978.

I know more about mopeds than you. I was going to come up with something SASSY, but the truth is pretty effective here.

> Stephen Keller wrote:

> ^ As usual, you are delusional. Quit playing with a dead account, get

> some help with the MPD and put the phone down and get a job. Annoying

> everyone is NOT a job description. Just stay out of here if you feel the

> need to antagonize. I owned the same kind of bike as that Muma dude, and

> averaged about 80 mpg...as mentioned above you are in the wrong area to

> spread BS, and it's not funny. Grow up, or gtfo.

>

> Just for Bas, Fuck off.

I thought YOU knew better,Stephen. Mopeds stock have been getting 100-150+ mpg for since 1960+ moped creations. I could see Dillon's blind ignorance, but I expected YOU to know a LITTLE more. LOL!

Don i.sure wish you would convince my mopeds they are being glutons and not delivering right on milage...i have to stick with dillon and stephen on this

You and THEY are mistaken,Pops. Read the post by ID OD in this thread where Puch hi-torque claims over 100 mpg in the ad.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3395187,3395229,flat=1#msg-3395229

Calling MYRON of Myron's Mopeds a liar too?

Read it and learn.................Scooters are nowhere near a stock moped's mileage.

https://myronsmopeds.com/category/operating-costs/ (edited)

Key word, "claims" only small bike that is close to that is the Cub. (edited)

I honestly can't argue wither way ...i do know every time i tyrn around mine are sitting.there with their mouth open wanting.another guzzle now days

All my vehicles get 'who gives a fuck' miles per gallon. I think the kitted mopes are like 70-80? Ain't no thing to drop a hundred in the tank of my truck, life is too short to sweat that small change bullshit.

Yeah, it's about $90.00 to fill my truck, but I never let it get below 1/2 tank...but I really don't care what mpg stuff gets, though it was a shocker when I drove my truck to work for a week vs "Baby 'yoda" 30 mpg vs. 11.5...lol, 28 mile round trip. I maybe put a thousand miles a year on my truck, should last forever. Moped mpg is stupid to worry about, I spend more to insure them than to fuel them....I actually spend 0 dollars on gas and oil for mopeds, I save up scrap aluminum all winter, turn it in in the spring, more than enough for all the gas and oil I use. Even when all I had was a moped, I worked like 1.7 miles from my place, so a tank would last over a month, I can buy everything I need to live within 2 miles of my home, so yeah, never cared. Mopeds were advertised at 100+ mpg knowing full well most people can't hardly do the math for the oil mix ratio, much less bother to figure out the mpg, when new they were competing with cars that got about 10 on a good day, so everyone bought the numbers. Whomever is running the don account is a basement dwelling phone in face troll who just lives to upset people, and it works, I hope it gets him off, but I find it really sad, and yeah, he gets to me too, I should not admit that,,,but it does, what is so damn fun about being an asshole just to laugh at people getting upset? Loser. Best moped mpg ever was on my Honda when I got it 23 yrs ago and I was about 60 lbs lighter, saw about 90.... 50v got between 80-85....never bothred to check the nopeds, and have not ever put a whole tank of fuel through the "7", don't even know how much gas the tank holds. my scooter gets shit mpg, maybe 50 mpg? But the stator has had the governing wire cut, so it can rev out, but I could care less, it see's 45 with 220 lbs of me on it, if I keep it at 30 mph the mpg goes way up, I can tell as it has a gas gauge! It is 50cc and a '99 model so can wear a moped plate, and has amazing brakes and a great seat, AND a cup holder, better than my mopeds any day, with the possible exception of my beloved 50v's, slower, but ride nice, I know I could get a few more mph out of them, but until I move somewhere with a garage I will not buy another. Moral of rant? QUIT being contrary don o! Everyone knows better, no one appreciates being preached at, and no sane person wants to hear anymore about trump, stfu unless you are being helpful.

> Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

> That pug and trailer is like a dream to me.

The sidehack get's me going! Rebel is the man...

> Stephen Keller wrote:

> I love that bike, a shame they are not sold here. No idea it could carry

> that much, wow.

I would still love one of those....might save me from a Juiced Hyper Scorpion...but never seen one for sale or in person. :/ Electric is prob best bet for the future, I may well retire to a motorhome, if I do it will have total off-grid capability, and then I could get my power from the sun or the wind, never clean another carb or buy fuel except for the coach. :)

Stock mopeds = 100-150 mpgs. Learn it boys...........I've already done it!

All mopeds don't have to be kitted.

Shut your hole, lying pest. ^

It's really amazing so much stupid shit comes out of one person, this has got to be fake nobody is this dumb in real life.

Trying to slander the noble moped fuel mileage will always get straightened out by me or another courageous scoot opposer.

You can't abide that the noble steed gets 100+ mpgs? Too bad!

^ Find something better to do, gtfo.

I'm just tellin' you, don't think yer gonna tell lies about facts documented on this MOPED forum and get away with it. Get educated if you don't know any better.

i'll throw in a data point... i just did some math last fill up.

60oz, 28.8mi (two round trips to work and back).

60oz/(128oz/g) = 0.46875g

28.8mi/0.46875g = 61.44mpg

no long stretches, and i tend to use my throttle like an on off switch (in other words, i'm either holeshotting wide open or grabbing brakes).

for reference: 64cc polini kit on yama chappy with vm20, 13t front 30t rear (7% taller than stock 13/32), flat ground top speed 47ish mph.

i think i could squeeze another 10, maybe even 20 mpg out of it if i demonstrated some throttle control and i was doing longer stretches of highway. another 40? not gonna happen imo.

I'll throw in another statement. Stock mopeds of most brands EASILY acheive over 100 mpg. Period.

^Like most of what you post, simply NOT true, give it a rest troll, just because you have some neurotic need for creating controversy, and have at BEST a casual relationship with the truth, leave people alone who have real world experience. (edited)

on bakers dozen the first 2 years we were getting 100-120mpg with an a55 at 26x22 with a pipe (both the mlm peoples pipe & the techno bullet) rejetted on the stock 14phva with the full airbox.

with a kitted airsal 64cc a35 with a 15:15sha & a hunter pipe we were getting like 60-80mpg depending on how much stop & go riding we were doing one year on bakers dozen

I would guess that the a55, which are the only 2 factual accounts posted, is significantly better mpg than your average stock moped because it was designed to meet emissions and uses a modern (er) cylinder design.

Only liberal pussies keep track of gas mileage or care about the price of gas. Red blooded American Patriots like me are proud that our hard earned money can go to support needy multinational oil companies that are barely scraping by these days with Joe Biden trying to put them out of business. I make my super masculine alpha male step through go as fast as possible and burn tons of gas because I love the USA!

> LSLB RXb wrote:

> on bakers dozen the first 2 years we were getting 100-120mpg with an

> a55 at 26x22 with a pipe (both the mlm peoples pipe & the techno bullet)

> rejetted on the stock 14phva with the full airbox.

>

> with a kitted airsal 64cc a35 with a 15:15sha & a hunter pipe we were

> getting like 60-80mpg depending on how much stop & go riding we were

> doing one year on bakers dozen

That's pretty impressive, have owned 15-20 odd stock bikes and none did that well, I just have to rip on don as much as possible, it's kind of become a principle, he talks, sane people slam, he's more than earned it. He's not the original poster who created the account anyway, so who give a fuck? :) The weird thing is this was a thread about carrying capacity, how did it even drift to mpg? (edited)

EVERY stock moped I've ridden got over 100 mpgs. Easy Peasy! Stephen hasn't a clue!

As I stated before, even a non-broken-in 70cc kit on a Sebring MO2 engine got 100 mpgs on the Lake Erie Loop....418 mlles with exactly 4 gallons.

^ fake news

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account