Next Level...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Well it seems I have achieved a status bump.

Everybody's first ped is freeish. After about 2 decades of the moped thang. A mint motoguzzi robin all orangish nested here just here's a moped. No papers barnyard gramps.

Add the cabin fever build...

Tommysteen...

Colibre frame a3 hybrid Conrod swap. Heropuch WOP kit. 19mm amal techno estroil candlestick. Or mlm Cali pipe.

I m just on electrical. Rollers there replaced steering races seat forks fender brake hubs.

Re: Next Level...

♣Slew Foot♣ /
20200514_124949_HDR.jpg
20200514_124930_HDR.jpg

Getting there. Heropuch intake modded to fit.

Pic of Robin?

I've only been back to mopeds for a good 4 or 5 years, but I got my first one in 1979.

I appreciate what CAN be done to them, I truly do, but the look of a lot of these custom bikes and cafe racers don't do much for me. I see a bike with no fenders and I think to myself, "dirty racing strip up the front and back of my clothes if I get caught driving after some rain, or, in the case of your seat, "What if that thing breaks while I'm out on the road miles from home?"

I have one kitted bike at the moment, a 79 JCPenny Swinger 2 and really, the only visible modifications to it that a newbie MIGHT notice is the Biturbo pipe. I guess I just prefer a stock looking bike with a surprise under the hood.

But even a nice, clean AMF Roadmaster friction drive has its charm, and that's the beauty of this hobby. As long as we have fun, right? And I certainly wouldn't say "no" to anyone of you if if you said to me, "wanna take my moped for a ride?"

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The robin is minty. Its about 125 miles nw @ the farm. I 'll get some pics when I check on it. Next weekend...

Fenders are going on it. Its just a mock up the rear gets like a pan under the seat and a two point mount on the swingarm. My Harley guy says he has a fender and tail laying around he will mod to fit.

20200514_124923_HDR.jpg
20200514_125037_HDR.jpg

Who else has a TOMOS with a Heropuch kit it makes all the angles wonky.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Then there's these. About 60 bux before shipping. Still thinking about exhaust options before pulling the trigger.

tomos-bagage-tas-zwart-set-0-1-1-900x675.jpg

making it the beer run special.

I feel like if they only made more Colibris with discs instead of all the other stuff Tomos could have been saved

Glad it's a mock up. I didn't want to come right out and say, "Man is that ugly!"

A moped just surprised me at the door yesterday, old forgotten friend surprise mailed me a complete murray in 2 boxes to my door. no warning, no explanation

Jimmy Cincinnati /

As a man who loves nasty looking tomos mopeds, i support this! I want to build it so bad. I planned to build a hero powered tomos engine at one time but never finished it. I even home built and intake for it which i still have sitting in my carb bin... that was like 10 years ago.

I enjoy joking about mopeds following me home, but I've never had one show up on my doorstep. Sounds like a really good friend you've got there.

He's the man, we go way back and were very close in college. the whole group of us all independently and simultaneously got into mopeds after college, like we had no interest in em during college but once we went our separate ways, we reconnected to realize that a good half dozen of us all wound up in this same hobbby - Shaun in the bandits, julian in the guns, tim rode with the boston folks briefly and kevin wound up with a maxi in knoxville while our friend Lee got a sebring he rode around Ithaca NY area.

Anyway Kevin's a researcher for Los Alamos Natl Lab, smart fucking crew for real, and decided he was done with this project, surprised me with a porch full of trouble hahah

A free moped on your doorstep is about as much trouble as a hot blonde with no gag reflex.

^ My kind of trouble, one of each please! ;)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Obviously you never had a bombshell without gag reflex. Cost a house car 10 years of credit card bills...

Moped 20 years no credit card debt but they do eat a lot.

I had that Damn pretty ported hero for like 10 years finally I modded a case 5 years ago 3 years ago I modded a pipe yesterday I got the intake thanks Jimmy....

I have two of the hero kits. They are sweet action for sure. Were you able to open up the tomos cases enough to match those monster transfers on the hero kit? I have only used them on the engines they are actually made for.

Sweet build so far!

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Obviously you never had a bombshell without gag reflex. Cost a house car

> 10 years of credit card bills...

>

> Moped 20 years no credit card debt but they do eat a lot.

>

> I had that Damn pretty ported hero for like 10 years finally I modded a

> a case 5 years ago 3 years ago I modded a pipe yesterday I got the

> intake thanks Jimmy....

I'll take my chances..... ;p Also don't tell me what I haven't had....and I kept my cars, and never had a house! ;) Trick is to not tell her you have credit cards.... cuz, you know you would let her use them...lol...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yep perfectly case matched unstuffed full circle crank had to reweld the cases on the outside to reinforce the transfers it like went through after filing. So there's big beads across the statorside. Not so trannyside. There was enough meat.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Robin

20200517_095215_HDR.jpg
20200517_095246_HDR.jpg
20200517_095328_HDR.jpg

Needed condenser lightbulb petcock left pedal. Took me 11 minutes ...

Runs like a top.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Solid 23 mph. It still has the metal u guard.

I never seen an engine guard intact. Original basket.

No one sends me free mopeds.

:(

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Took 20 years for it to happen.

But my Tomos daily runner in service 5 years made 50,000 in 3. The lawyer got half the mopeds get 10%. Still left 17gs.

Being an awesome human being helps...

Not many could recover from the three vehicular attempts on my life. Add save the same bike three times from being totalled no salvage titles on mopeds or rebuilt titles.

I got my back rax toolkit a kids racoon cap from pat Garrett s it's a country music mecca in the day but great deals on leather fur sheepskin cowhide buckskin. I fixed pay telephones I known the guy 25 years.

The robins donor was a old hippie I lost track of l remet him through the vet I bought the Harley for.

20200518_114235_HDR.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I'm mocking youse

20200518_131539_HDR.jpg
20200518_131556_HDR.jpg

TOMOS long half or single?

There's the single with the half as seatpan.

Ehick seat should I rack it I have all the parts.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account