Beach Riding

Ethan Snyder /

Hey I have a 85’ puch maxi LS that I’ve built up and am really considering getting some thicker tires for the summer season cause I wanna ride it on the beach as I’m a surfer and it’d make getting to the breaks a hell of a lot faster. Does anyone have experience doing this and if so any suggestions or warnings?

Re: Beach Riding

Probably Fred /

Yeah get a magnum or tube frame puch bike unless you’re like 146 pounds, ringing wet ,

Magnum/tube frames have good swing arms and could take almost a half inch larger width larger tire, you can get a magnum swing arm for your maxi but rear fender and other things may have to be modified,

No matter the Maxi suspension is nothing like a tube frame suspension, if you’re going to ride on sand or off-road you need to upgrade your suspension

not sure on laws but... just start peddling, ive seen surf racks to hold a board.

Ethan Snyder /

Appreciate the info I’ll look into it. I do indeed have a nice after market suspension and since I’m only 16 I way about 135 so I’ll try it out and see how it goes but I’ll keep ur suggestion in mind.

A Maxi can easily ride on the beach, Ken just has stocks in the Puch magnum business so he'll always say you'll need a puch magnum for everything.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

I think you'll have a tough time riding on the beach. Maintaining control in the sand will be very hard, if the bike even has the power to plow through it. And you'll get sand EVERYWHERE. You'll need a very good air filter or airbox too.

put some water in the tires see if that helps

Bruce Zapper /
IMG_5399.JPG

This Is What You Need! NOT A MOPED SORRY!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account