Tomos / garelli ..chopper 80cc metrakit check it out!

I've been working on this bike for a month or so off and on...

It's coming along good...

I know I don't have the best pipe on there but I will try it out soon and see how the setup rips..

Also I have an 80cc puch big port metriakit on my other Tomos and since this bike wasn't quite done I still wanted to tune the motor so since I ran this motor already and got it tuned using my other bike

With the bk100 pipe...

And honestly unless I did something wrong...

The Gila does not impress me at all.... Comparing it to the metra kit...

On my chopper I'm running a 64cc kit that was my first kit from treats it's the party pack kit in the k star box..

Anyway my buddy was running the Gila with the bk100 and I was running the chopper that is really heavy bike...and we were on a straight away and he was probably only three bikes in front of me.... None of these bikes are ported.. I am running the Parma kit CDI also...

So I started working on the green bike again and took the Gila off and threw it on the green bike... Then I put the motor with the metrakit on the blue bike.... And wow that metra kit blows my mind... It pulls so hard and if I lean back a little bit on that blue top tank it wants to do a wheelie...

I really wish these kits were still available...

I was pretty fortunate to get these kits at different times for relatively cheap prices... I'm not rich but I had an opportunity and I grabbed them while I could... The metra was used and it came with the piston and head and the hardest part was coming up with an intake but I quickly found a solution that was permanent without welding...

I know the metra is a torque monster... And the gila has a lot of top-end... It does not pull nowhere near as hard but it does keep picking up speed relatively easy... I'm running 29x22 gearing... I have a jammer clutch in both motors and I do not have any springs on my second gear... I use purple power and I fill it regular until it leaks out of the screw and then after warming it up I take it for a ride and it shifts from first to second very fast...

Then I take a little dextrin Merc I add to it... Then take it for another ride... It's gets a lot better... And then I had a little bit of gear oil and boom... The bike shift perfect and it shifts when I want it to...

Overall I'm happy with these bikes.. I'll be starting a new project soon.. I'm taking a motobecane 50 v frame that I modified the rear suspension and putting a KTM 65 SX motor on it... There's going to be some welding of course but what better to do since I'm staying home with my family...

Now I put three photos of my three bikes and I seem to be swapping motors a lot...

I'm not a fan of the blue top tank... Honestly it's not really me but that chopper is my favorite and it's very comfortable to ride... I'm not sure if I'm keeping the engines on these bikes...

I would really like to put one of the motors on the chopper since it's my favorite...

I may do it in the future and put a stock motor back on the blue bike and sell it...

IMG_20200402_112622.jpg
IMG_20200313_182541.jpg
IMG_20200308_183220.jpg

Re: Tomos / garelli ..chopper 80cc metrakit check it out!

Damn bro i love that blue tomos man. I wish my stock a35 could be set up to run strong. Im only 2 years into this tomos thing but ill get there. Im worried about kitting mine and taring up the trans.

Chopper is dope. Like the mack bulldog

> mark barney Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Damn bro i love that blue tomos man. I wish my stock a35 could be set

> up to run strong. Im only 2 years into this tomos thing but ill get

> there. Im worried about kitting mine and taring up the trans.

Hey man don't worry about it...

The transmission and gears are great and the ignition CDI the tumors come stock with is great... The weakest point is that clutch... That's why you read all those old Post about the clutch is being destroyed because they didn't have the jammer then.... If you get a jammer when installing it use blue loctite with the star lock washer... Tomos engine can handle it... I'm running two of the biggest kits you can buy for Puch moped.... I changed my roller bearing from stock to a wiesco.... Everything holds up good... I'll send you a p.m. just in case you need help with any Tomos....

IMG_20200403_134020.jpg

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

The clutches can handle the torque if you don't put crazy springs on them and keep engagement low, run good oil, and have quality clutch lining. What really fails are the teeth in the center gear cluster, especially in newer a55 engines, and the one way bearings in the clutch bell. A35 gears are better usually. With any real power they start to eat each other up, forming burrs on the tips of the gear teeth that turn into metal shavings etc.

Ok i got yah brother i understand. Im putting a brand new bell with bushing and Needle bearing pre-installed arrives next week and new 2nd speed clutch gear and shoes. So it will help. Im gonna buy the jammer next pay its a slap together. Just the blue loc tite and grind the 3 bolts level so they won't hang up. I remember everything. Thanks for your help you will hear from me next few weeks if i hit a snag with anything. Thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account