**Stolen Puch Maxi in Boston**

Hey Guys,

My 1977 Puch Maxi was stolen in Somerville, MA. It was a blue Maxi with a proma circuit, 70cc treats, vm20 with red air filter. Blue with grey grips. Pics included below. Super bummed as I just finished this build.

If anyone sees a listing anywhere or a ped that looks the same, please send me a PM!

IMG_20200111_122130.jpg

Re: **Stolen Puch Maxi in Boston**

Tweaker trash /

Yo dude it’s Rocco! I’m definitely keep an eye out for you! Where did you park it, did you lock it up?

Did you file a police report? Any cameras on near by buildings? Check all the local store cameras. Someone definitely saw something!

Post in New England Mopeds on Facebook.

Kyle Washburn /

Just requested to join the FB group.

Rocco, what's up man. Yeah, had it locked up in my backyard under my porch in Somerville. Not at all visible from the street, so someone was either down snooping in my yard, or knew it was there.

I recently bought a zuma, so I've been using my thick NY lock for that, and a shitty lock and chain on my puch as it was hidden. Chain was snipped, Puch was nowhere to be found. Already filed a police report.

Tweaker trash /

> Kyle Washburn Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just requested to join the FB group.

>

> Rocco, what's up man. Yeah, had it locked up in my backyard under my

> porch in Somerville. Not at all visible from the street, so someone was

> either down snooping in my yard, or knew it was there.

>

> I recently bought a zuma, so I've been using my thick NY lock for that,

> and a shitty lock and chain on my puch as it was hidden. Chain was

> snipped, Puch was nowhere to be found. Already filed a police report.

Dude no good, this is very disappointing! First thing to do is not go suspecting any of your close friends because it will really put a damper on your relationships. Yea this sounds like someone knew you had the bike in your possession and wanted for ether parts or just because they hate mopeds or didn’t want you to ride it :(

Kyle Washburn /

Yeah I can't think of any of my friends, but maybe a neighbor who didn't like the noise or something. I honestly don't know, but I'm gonna find this f*cker and get that thing back.

Probably Fred /

Almost anything that I got stolen was taken by friends or family that were alcoholics or drug Addicts, no matter how normal one of those people look like most times are they are not, I even had my brothers steal from me before, they won’t now but they did in the past so it’s hard to trust anybody,

I always had ashtray change/loose bills of about 5-7$ in my vehicles for emergency gas money whatever, that most all the single dollars, quarters and dimes/silver would end up missing every time I took my drummer friend to help him out by (who lost his license from dui) taking him to stores/gas station/restaurants while being at his parents house,

Most times when we were bringing in bags of groceries or bags from a resale store or just hanging out I would notice the money in my ashtray was gone in the next day or so.

So I set a trap and marked a dollar and several quarters with black sharpie marker that said Hi and put them in the tray and one day after taking him shopping I said “I need some money for gas” he said “I got a little change that may help”

I said that will work and he reached In full pocket and took out a dollar and a few quarters that said Hi,

I took out of my pocket dollar bill and a couple quarters I didn't put in there that said Hi asked him to empty the full pocket which was full of everything that said Hi and embarrassed him in front of his mother, father and his baby’s mama and didn’t have anything to do with him ever again.

He committed several break-ins and burglaries to feed his habits and after that he got caught for several, he is still in prison as far as I know,

I could tell you other stories like that too,

Sometimes the closest people to you are the ones that are screwing you over,

Probably Fred /

Almost everything that I got stolen was taken by friends or family that were alcoholics or drug Addicts, no matter how normal one of those people look like most times are they are not, I even had my brothers steal from me before, they won’t now but they did in the past so it’s hard to trust anybody,

I always had ashtray change/loose bills of about 5-7$ in my vehicles for emergency gas money whatever, that most all the single dollars, quarters and dimes/silver would end up missing every time I took my drummer friend to help him out by (who lost his license from dui) taking him to stores/gas station/restaurants while being at his parents house,

Most times when we were bringing in bags of groceries or bags from a resale store or just hanging out I would notice the money in my concealed ashtray was gone in the next day or so.

So I set a trap and marked a dollar and several quarters with black sharpie marker that said Hi and put them in the tray and one day after taking him shopping I said “I need some money for gas” he said “I got a little change that may help”

I said that will work and he reached In full pocket and took out a dollar and a few quarters that said Hi,

I took out of my pocket dollar bill and a couple quarters I didn't put in there that said Hi asked him to empty the full pocket which was full of everything that said Hi and embarrassed him in front of his mother, father and his baby’s mama and didn’t have anything to do with him ever again.

He committed several break-ins and burglaries to feed his habits and after that he got caught for several, he is still in prison as far as I know,

I could tell you other stories like that too,

Sometimes the closest people to you are the ones that are screwing you over,

Keep your friends close . Keep your enemies closer .

which part of somerville?

Tweaker trash /

Bump!

Kyle Washburn /

Over near sullivan square area

Tweaker trash /

Bump! Keep this post relevant for my east coast boy

Should put up some flyers with a reward ol school. Bump for east coast peeps

Kyle Washburn /

Yeah might have to. At least in my neighborhood area

Kyle Washburn /

Just wanted to bump this! Will be posting flyers and offering a $300 reward. Keep your eyes out for blue chains as I'm assuming they probably painted it.

Tweaker trash /

> Kyle Washburn Wrote:

> Just wanted to bump this! Will be posting flyers and offering a $300

> reward. Keep your eyes out for blue chains as I'm assuming they probably

> painted it.

No one wants your money here dawg! If we find the bike, we just wanna see you riding it again. Bump

My condolences.

This isn't your bike but may be a viable options.

https://worcester.craigslist.org/for/d/barre-1978-puch-maxi-moped/7087368200.html

> Barack Obama Wrote:

> > Kyle Washburn Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Just wanted to bump this! Will be posting flyers and offering a $300

>

> > reward. Keep your eyes out for blue chains as I'm assuming they

> probably

>

> > painted it.

>

> No one wants your money here dawg! If we find the bike, we just wanna

> see you riding it again. Bump

No one one here wants his $ but the local scumbag population will rat each other out for their next fix, $ shakes things loose, best of luck with recovery. Bump.

Any luck?

Kyle Washburn /

No luck yet unfortunately

Kyle Washburn /

Update: went outside this morning for a run and the moped was on my sidewalk. Scratched the registration off and messed with my pipe wrap, but she's back! So pumped!

Awesome, glad you got it back.

wha!!!?!?!?!?

holy shit thats fantastic!

Great news, very happy for you!

> Kyle Washburn Wrote:

> Update: went outside this morning for a run and the moped was on my

> sidewalk. Scratched the registration off and messed with my pipe wrap,

> but she's back! So pumped!

Good . Be nice if all thieves did the same . (edited)

Prob returned by a pissed off parent who found it in their garage/yard after their kid stole it, however it got back, it's back. :)

Kyle Washburn /

Yeah it's back, no clue how but I had faith. Time to get her finished!

Nicee

Tweaker trash /

This is creepy but cool you got it back.

Edit:only in Boston (edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account