What's you favorite rally memories?

Weird, scary, funny, let's hear it.

Re: What's you favorite rally memories?

One is the Creature girls feeding me vodka shots while I was chilling with them at a Hells satans place. I remember talking to them and some fuccboi supreme wanted to fight me out of nowhere. So I got up walked outside and laid down in the back of Angel's van. Heard someone say that I was in there, and just heard the back doors open and Angel asking me "ya alright B?", not being able to say anything I just made this "uggh" sound and fell back asleep. Woke up that morning in the house and having no idea how I got there.(edited)

You guys should count yourselves very lucky!! i live in a small town area called fairborn ohio, and it suxx shit around here. i been riding my tomos on the road with no other mopeds anywhere 2 years now!! i seen 1 other moped at the traffic light last year and never seen 1 again. So it must be nice having a ton of female and male fello moped riders. But im thick skinned i enjoy working on my tomos improving it and regular maintenance as well as ridin around. Maybe people will catch on in my area and get a few mopeds themselves i don't know.

I went to the Mopitt rally last year for the second time and finally brought a bike to ride. I got separated from the group twice and rode back to the meeting area through town past a college area wearing a Cleveland Indians shirt. I came to a stop at an intersection and a complete stranger shouted out "Cool bike!" I was riding a stock looking JCPenny Swinger 2 at the time.

Meeting tsuchee was cool. Had to be blood drive (?). Coulda been x. Meet up was at a burrito place near the old Seattle mopeds building. I ate too much and puked all over the riteaid bathroom across the street....then had tacos.

Next one I got robbed inside a jack in the box next to the Meetup near greenlake. He got 5 bucks and a knife. Resta my cash was in my backpack luckily.

I don't hang out in Seattle that much and it's often years before I go back and end up meeting people for the first time all over again.

My first blood drive ran into a dude. Ended up riding around with him and a groupa slowers bikes. He had a full face, i had a skid lid... A while in he said " hey, wanna swap helmets for a while?" Naw I'm good.

2 years later "hey, wanna swap helmets?"

Another 2 years "wanna swap helmets?"

Lol, guy was great. He diddnt remember me at all every time either.. I diddnt even realize it until one night smoking weed....thought I had time travelled or fell into a cyclical universe for about 45min while I contemplated.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Held my last Mopedlar Ride / Ped Adoption back in 2011. We had 81 riders participate in the 65 mile ride. The line of bikes spread out over around a 1/4 mile. Those were some great times!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Pbr truck @ KOA Gettysburg

Probably the hot dog situation at blkblks rally too . I accidentally put too much mustard on my hotdog, it shot out of the bun and got me covered with mustard. I was just sitting there like "fuck, there's no napkins" and wiped it off on my pants. People were just staring at me. I felt like an idiot and tried to laugh it off.

Getting lost in a strange city in no mental or physical state to ride on a loaner bike and only having about an hour to spare to avoid missing my flight home.

showing up to WB 2012 to see the pack take off, and missed the ride Sat. but had Craig from ghost riders, ride with me to half way stop to meet up with the rest of dam riders guys. met kestner, burke, few other cool people. i stuck out like a soar thumb, i was the only old guy there, i even had 15yrs head start on montie s hehe. i found out early riding with local riders that riding in a pack of mopeds all day was hella fun, but the fumes gave me major migraine head aches every damn time. having a fast bike was my only savior from the fumes. As good things have to come to and end, my 50mph full tuck dart took a shit, and i never built a fast bike since. i am known to kinda show up at stops on a few other rallies just to meet, and out with moped folks. that back fired on me in c-bus. i knew the pack was going to spend some time at comfest. i drove there found a parking spot way out from the festivities, and rode to bike parking area at comfest. rolled up there was a guy there telling me " you just missed about 40 mopeds here 5 minutes ago" womp womp...i did find an a55 a couple yrs ago which ran 40, so i did a rally ride to yellowsprings. as always i got home that night, and thought my head was going to explode, and had a hard time scrubbing the 2t out my mouth :) my rally tales...

cool.

Did you say you did a rally run to yellow springs 2 years ago? I bet that was the ride super tod told me about. He has a hundred bikes. Hes a moped mechanic. Has a moped with a skeleton strapped to it lol. Anyhow im gonna try to ride in a rally some time this summer. ill put my tomos in my truck and go to a rally here in ohio.

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> wearing a

> Cleveland Indians shirt.

We’ll never allow this to occur ever again. Though last couple seasons it’s been just as embarrassing wearing buccos shirts(edited)

I don’t have one exclusive favorite memory, however, I have many rally details/factors/experiences that are mentionable:

Really liked having a rest spot at Montrose beach in Chicago, will always remember them having the rally headquarters in a life sized human pizza oven on the hottest weekend on record in Chicago, but nobody cared.

Any time on the old zeros racetrack was the most fun. Whether with two people or twenty.

Gettysburg this past year with the ritual sacrifice on a family campsite was fun

Shit, I forgot about this one. "Back to the races" I think was the name, where we went to the NASCAR race. The looks on peoples faces were hilarious. We're walking to our seats and I see this family walking, this woman turns looks at us, pulls her kid closer to her, and says "WHAT IS GOING ON?" to her husband. Then we got in the stands, tossing beers to people, generally raising hell, having a good time and the people around us got into it.

And btw, thanks for the ticket, I know it was a couple years back, but y'all didn't have to do that for me.(edited)

Fallen Amish ~Yoder~ /

Lafayetis Rally I broke down so Dylan Chubbs loaned me his prized raffle bike (built from a Tomos frame turned upside down) I forget what rally he won it at, but it was a raffle. Okay, so that moped would blast and well I blew it up. I felt so bad. So, then I thought I was walking back, but no lol Chubbs brought me this really fast Honda Hobit. I love those things! It was really a lot of fun. I miss those days.

I only started going to rallies this year but LGN halfway through the night ride when we stopped at the Rocky stairs and a big ass group of Bike Life dudes rolled up and started riding up the stairs was pretty lit. Here's some shitty video I took since this was my first time recording video on my DSLR:

(edited)

Crashing at some hells satans house and having some girl mention that she was watching me sleep and saying how "at peace" I looked weirder me out. Same house they had this wall art that was made out of moped parts, it almost fell on my head 3 times.

Ike's Rides and Kevin H. had a nice one out of Chillicothe,OH. Kevin H. had to move out west soon after that one ride.

> MOPITT no nips Al Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Trent Anderson Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > wearing a

>

> > Cleveland Indians shirt.

>

> We’ll never allow this to occur ever again. Though last couple seasons

> it’s been just as embarrassing wearing buccos shirts

If you scared little Pittsburgh kids take the Zeros bet you’ll all be wearing Browns gear at the next rally!

One thing always sticks out is from Peddy Cash’s Retirement Party. 3 prospects were willingly handcuffed together outside of the bar but the bouncer wouldn’t let them in. He kept saying they need to take the handcuffs off first, but they do not have the keys and keep telling him.

Finally fed up, the bouncer asks for a set of house key. He proceeds to yank them hard enough so that the little metal ring is forced open and is now -more or less- a straightened wire. This guy then uses that to unlock the handcuffs in about 7 seconds.

Chicago.(edited)

Never got the chance to go to any of the Peddy Cash rallies. I've heard they were great tho.

This is great! everyone loves to tallk about themselves, and I enjoy reading other peoples tales too.

One of the best was inverness, they had this older lady dj who was a friend of theirs , called herself "DJ Rose"

she gathered everyoene around a tiny screen on the porch where she was set up : "Y'all listen up you're gonna like this" and then played the crazy frog axle foley bev hills cop theme song with the annoyingly stupid CGI frog video.

It was hillarious that she thought we'd love it so much, and "yall listen up youre gonna like this" became a regular rally cry joke.

Later that night everyone was hammered, and mark emr was going around hitting on literally everyone, dudes and chicks trying to get some swinger action with his GF. he wound up making out with DJ rose which made her husband very upset, but he wouldn't take it out on them for some reason, he was just very fussy with ANYONE else. he decided charlie buzzard was a good target and started accusing him, of all the shit, of not having earned his beard. "you dont deserve a beard" he kept yelling. This escalated til he provoked another friend of the hosts, kinda crazy older gent, to pull a gun out and yell " you sit the fuck down or i'm gonna shoott you"

shit was legit CRAZY.

things go on, getting crazier, and DJ rose now totally shitfaced stumbles over to the fire, her husband trailing behind switching incoherently between adoration and abusive. like one minute it was "you're the most beautiful, i love you" and the next second, like literally snapping back and forth, calling her fat or dumb. The quote that stayed with us and became something of an oft-repeated meme phrase was "your ass is a can of foooood"

eventually they disappear, another beautiful young lady there with her BF comes to the fire upset cuz the boy she came with had snuck off to the tool shed with mark's girlfriend. She was hitting on me, and went back to her bus leaving with the statement "i'm going to go lock myself in the bus and be alone" then turning to me " you can come"

now i'm a married dude, so i just laughed it off and hung out at the fire, but charlie, single at the time turns and says "will, lemme borrow your shirt"

it was a crazy as fuck night and unforgettable

Peddy cash was crazy! that rally was truly epic. I had brought a tiny mini bike garelli cosmo thing because we had 4 dudes and bikes crammed in a honda odyssey. It barely ran and kept overheating so the whole friday ride I just kept riding through puddles to cool the motor and keep going.

Somehow I kept being wrong place wrong time. They had a tiered rally pack where high paying attendees could go in a special room with special perks etc. You needed a silver or gold wristband and I hadnt paid for one but jokin around had made mine gold with a gold swoop sticker we had. They let me in and quickly kicked me back out haha. that was the first of a series of f'ups against me.

Next we went to a party with VIP party upstairs in this building, and a peon general people keg in the parking lot behind. Again I didnt have the right wristband, but the bouncer was like "oh hey, will!, go on up" so i kept going up and trying to bring other folks up with me, but everyone else kept getting denied. Then Noah decides he's gonna sneak in through the fire escape. He scales the wall and pulls down the fire escape stairs, and is just like "will, hold this while i go up"

as soon as he dissappeared, SAME dude who yelled at me for the hotel room fiasco comes around the corner and sees me holding the stairs down, gives me a good telling assuming i'm leading this effort to circumvent the tiered rally structure - i was just caught in the crossfire!

Next day we ride to a donut shop, my bike was overheating so bad it caught the paper basegasket on fire. i bailed and tossed it in a dumpster and just relegated myself to chicago public transport for the rest of the day. (it got saved and moved to magic touch seattle). Anyway hungover as fuck I'm laying on the ground and biggie and the richmond fellas are tossing firecrackers. he decides haha we're gonna light on in will's pants fly while he's laying here and I went with it., As it explodes, AGAIN THE SAME guy comes out, assumes I'm the one lighting all the fireworks and gives me yet another talking to about disresepcting the rally and the usinesses giving us donuts etc. Again, wrong place, wrong time.

Fast forward to that evening, we're hanging out outside the bar where Murder club was performing etc, and the dude who'd been giving me the hard itme comes out, apoogizes and we make up, and as a olive branch he gives me a firecracker. as soon as i light it some OTHER dude comes out, sees me lighting fireworks and I'm in trouble YET AGAIN.

We all took the train home, shit got crazy I was dancing and my pants got pulled down so i kept dancing naked on the train, well next stop the train doesnt keep going, and shortly after the police start going through the train cars, everyone thought it was for me, we tried trading clothes etc to hide who i was or whatever. turns out some guy had died in another car! WTF!

we get back and theres random folks still shooting bottle rockets and some angry fellas keep blaming it on me, and I have a very bad approach to that shit so i was straight up laughing at 'em which didnt help ANYTHING.

then right as i;m about to get beat, stinky comes up outta nowhere and saves my ass, talks em down and i dip back to the hotel. And another coked up angry fella starts yelling at me "you swoops have no respect, you come to rallies, you fuck around, fuck shit up, fuck all the girls"

and i'm like dude, i'm married and he says "you're married and you STILL fuck all the girls" haha, no sir lol. Luckily at that moment cornell fires a bottle rocket overour heads, and instantly his tone changed and he was like "you're NOT the one lighting off all these fireworks, holy shit i'm sorry man" and like that we were best buds haha. crazy ass shit.

I didnt sleep AT ALL, and the next morning we had to drive back to ATL. getting the car back to the rally spot, nick was driving and fell asleep at the wheel, we woke up going through a red light. holy fuck. I drove after that and was literally hallucinating on the road back, I thought the car in front of me was a buffalo in the road at one point. what the fuuuck. We pulled over and all napped and made it back safe but yea, holy fucking shit.

Yea paddy cash was fun as hell from what I remember. Alex and I drove worked a shift at the bar we were at back then, then at midnight hopped in my vw fox with 2 bikes on the roof rack and drove straight to Chicago, I think it took us 34 hours only stopping once for ~2hours. I slept at the castle on Thursday like a baby on a pile of cardboard with my denim jacket as a blanket. Friday night I think everyone bought that market across the street out of every case of beer they had on the shelves, don’t remember the ride at all. I do however remember the dance party in that warehouse a lot of people weren’t on the list for so there was some bum inspired Chicago trash barrel fire. That was a weird scene.

The train ride back on Saturday was for sure a highlight, was just so goofy. It felt like a field trip with no supervision.

Never been to a rally. We started the acadia ride and I went the first two times. Beautiful ride. I do remember cooking up a bunch a greasy ass food the night before the rally and waking up and cooking a cheese burger in the bacon grease. Bad move. Went to leave and justin complety destroyed the bathroom at the campground bathroom. I couldn't go in so I left for the ride. We got to the national park and I had to pull over and shit in the woods on the side of a cliff. I could look across to another mountain and watch people rock climb up some cliffs. Had to ride with a dirty ass the rest of the ride. Kinda sucked.

Hells Satans warehouse party at my first rally,some guy was offering me coke and Jeni Rae grabbed me by my arm and pulled me on to the dancefloor. Think it was that same night some girl got a roman candle to the face.

Maybe meeting Chris Shatz and Allison(I think they were filming "Mopedia" at the time in some car) for the first time when some girl was yelling at me for not pulling over and getting her friends gas can. I had nothing to do with it, and didn't see a gas can so I'm just sitting there getting yelled at just staring at her. She pulled off and looked at them and said something like "is she serious?" and they both started cracking up.(edited)

no groms no blasters /

throwing a broken-down bike into a dumpster and taking the bus is perfection

no groms no blasters /

ok so LS09 was my first time helping plan the club rally. I was XhighX as fuck on my American moped being finished the hour the Friday night ride started and on everyone being there and feeling myself for it being the first rally where I was "the internet's stever" or whatever.

The Alan and I planned the Friday night ride as a linked tour of all of our regular weekly ride speed runs and of various goofy sights. It ended by rolling through Old Sac, over the I Street Bridge to West Sac (where we had a really good laugh taking everyone through a neighborhood notorious for gang activity leading to injunctions later deemed unconstitutional), and then back across the Tower Bridge.

Well, the Tower Bridge is a steel bridge painted with gleaming gold thanks to a referendum in which the people of Sacramento got to vote on the color. It is one of many very essentially Sacramento things.

Crossing this bridge gives you a view straight down Capitol Mall to the dome, lit up at night. This revelation was by design, and I was really proud of giving people that chain of sights. It also made a great place to end the ride.

What I didn't expect, and what is one of my very favorite most delightful rally memories, was that there was an AARON TIPPIN concert happening on the Capitol steps. Everything was USA JOIN THE TEA PARTY NEVER FORGET 9/11 SUPPORT THE TROOPS. I lost my shit and was jumping around laughing and screaming and hugging people because uh sarcastic patriotism was my very favorite thing, my moped was just revealed to the world two hours prior to people losing their shit over it, and life was gr8.

the end

Epic

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account