inverted and streched proma on a sachs

...........well since my pa is dead .........i took the proma circuit off it and .........put it on my eagle1.............i had to turn it upside down and strech it 10 3/4"so it would clear the petals and stand.........but it worked out well.........i can even use the same clamp on the end of the bar..................but that mo fo sounds like a hi po dirt bike......................i had hoped it would quite it down a little ............

Re: inverted and streched proma on a sachs

How does it run with the pipe? What is your new top speed? Did you do a plug chop? Can you post a pic?

........i will post a pic for ya in a few days..............maybe a week .......i've got a full load this week.......but i will............i cant tell yet ...........my carb is screwed............so i'll give you the info on that soon............im trying to find one under $140.........but i guess i'll haveta pay that............but.............the proma boosted my pa2 from 26-28 to 36-38 easy............so i'll be all over a new carb soon...........i'll let cha know...........................

.........p.s ...........i do think with.................mild "denting"....and a little bit of elbow grease............. you dont even have to stretch the proma ...........as long as you flip it over.............i had the big head pipe.....but i think the smaller stock head pipe would be better to graft on to the proma..................as it would be closer to the orig. design...........i'll probally go with that anyway...............on the head pipe..............i dig the stretched look tho.............but will do what works best...................

Man talk about hard to describe- You have to come up with a picture for this.

As for the carb.--- have you called handybikes? or are you going all HI-PO on us??

someone was selling a sachs carb in the buy and sell a couple months back i think his name was allen

........well this is the basic look........dont mind the duct tape and the copper pipe..............its just to get dimentions right.................it will all be weled up.............altho a highly polished copper extender....migt look cool after its been blued from the heat ............anyway..........this is the basic look.............i'll post a final pic....................when its weled up.....................................

moped6.jpg

moped8.jpg

moped7.jpg

moped5.jpg

moped4.jpg

sachs1.jpg

WOW I hope it works for you. The looks really nice.

One thing- copper, if it gets too hot, will get soft and stay soft, unless you have a way to work-harden it. YOu may want an extra support on your "python" under the engine, just to help support the weight and keep the copper pipe from bending.

I hope you can find a carb you like soon.

Mike

chuck russo va /

u should that that pipe to some sort of 2 stroke tuning shop and ahve them custom make a piece to replace the copper part, copper is weak and if your exhuast falls off going down the road its gonna suck

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account